Captain America #600 hit stores on Monday (it didn’t hit my local store until Wednesday), and Marvel is already reporting the issue is a sellout.

To meet this overwhelming demand, Marvel is going back to press with Captain America #600 Second Printing Variant, from Eisner Award-winning scribe Ed Brubaker and a cavalcade of artistic superstars! How does the Marvel Universe react to the one year anniversary of Captain America’s death? What happens when Rikki Barnes meets Patriot? And just what does Sharon Carter know that leads into the hotly anticipated Captain America Reborn #1?

You can check out our review of the issue here, and if you are wanting to get the second print variant issue, take the jump for release date and full image.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #600 SECOND PRINTING VARIANT (APR098394)
Written by ED BRUBAKER with MARK WAID, ROGER STERN & STAN LEE
Pencils by BUTCH GUICE, LUKE ROSS, DALE EAGLESHAM, AL AVISION, HOWARD CHAYKIN, DAVID AJA, RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE & KALMAN ANDRASOFSZKY
Cover by BUTCH GUICE

The $4.99 issue arrives on July 15, 2009, while Captain America Reborn #1 arrives July 1, 2009.

via Marvel

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Sean Galloway

By Crom! Conan actor found

1. June 18, 2009 at 4:41 pm — Reply

Just got back from my LCB and they still have dozens of ’em. The owner jokingly said to me, “I know you’re just itching to grab 10 of these,” as he rung up the copy I grabbed.

2. June 18, 2009 at 5:02 pm — Reply

Hahaha yeah, the same thing happened to me.

3. June 18, 2009 at 5:58 pm — Reply

I don’t know what the LCS guys are thinking when they order a million copies of Mighty Avengers #1, Dark Avengers #1, Captain America #600 and wonder what went wrong as they look at the piles of unsold copies. That’s just stupid business.

4. Gaumer
    June 18, 2009 at 6:52 pm — Reply

My LCS owner buys to get the limited variant, but only sometimes.

This way he can sell that one variant and it can pay for the entire purchase.

Sometime when he does this he gets more of a comic than he would have otherwise but the leftovers are all gravy since that 1 variant cover paid for the purchase.

all great, until he doesnt sell that 1 variant. But he usually does for twice as much as he originally priced it months later.

Just another crazy aspect of the comic shop biz.

5. June 18, 2009 at 9:30 pm — Reply

What they’re thinking?

“I have to order based on blind solicits, so what percentage above my normal Captain America order can I afford to have on hand? Is it better to overorder than under? Didn’t Cap #25 sell out in like five seconds? Didn’t we have a thousand backorders even after the overorder? What are the odds that this will be like that?”

Then, he guesses… The LCS guys are in business to make money. If there’s this much hype from Marvel, there MAY be a huge run on the issue (see Amazing Spider-Man #583) then they may be able to make additional money that will offset their debt/overhead/payroll etc…

6. Mijder
    June 20, 2009 at 9:00 am — Reply

My local ordered allot of copies….but they also had Steve Epting come in and sign most of them. They made out pretty well all and all.