(Click for 1351x997 image)
(Click for 1351x997 image)

Here’s some good news on the promoting comics and your company front – DC Comics has announced that the Superman Wednesday Comics story will be serialized in USA Today.

Starting Wednesday July 8, when the first issue of WEDNESDAY COMICS hits stands, USA TODAY will be syndicating writer John Arcudi and artist Lee Bermejo’s SUPERMAN strip every week over the course of the 12-week series. The first strip will appear in print on July 8, and subsequent strips will appear each Wednesday on USATODAY.COM, day-and-date with the respective issue. Additionally, each online preview will be promoted weekly in USA TODAY’s print edition.

The news from DC really makes me feel better about an industry that is trying to capture new readers.  The only way this stunt will fail is if DC doesn’t publish the Comic Shop Locator phone number at the bottom of each installment.

via The Source

Rumor: Phil Jimenez on Astonishing X-Men

Archie Comics for September 2009

1. June 15, 2009 at 10:23 am — Reply

Not only is this cool news, but trade dress for WC#1 looks great.

2. Dean
    June 15, 2009 at 1:05 pm — Reply

This is a good idea all the way around.

3. CF
    June 15, 2009 at 3:44 pm — Reply

Finally! DC Comics has decided to steal my Ideas from the Comments Section on Major Spoilers ;)

4. June 15, 2009 at 4:22 pm — Reply

I think this is pretty cool. I always thought it would be cool if some of the independent companies would put together an insert with serialized stories or single page stories for the free alt-weeklies found in most cities…or if someone could put together an ad supported free paper that featured comics of all kinds.

5. steviecool
    June 15, 2009 at 4:36 pm — Reply

I support anything that puts comic books into mass media. However, this is an advertisement for something that doesn’t exist.

– Done in one issues? Rare.

– Some of those heroes don’t even have a comic right now. “Wow! I like Metamopho and the Metal Men! I’m going to barnes & Noble to get… no? OK, I’ll make the extra trip to go to the comic book store and… no? Oh, I can get a $15 black and white phonebook of old stuff?

– I feel sorry for those kids that really like the Teen Titans part, and then have their XBOX taken away once their parents see the amount of blood and death in each issue.

And that’s not a Marvel vs. DC bash, because most of them are doing this right now – writing epics instead of issues. This will be about as effective as the “Nightcrawler is a child of the devil” storyline that was out when the XMen movie came out.

Just my thoughts.

6. Jim
    June 15, 2009 at 5:43 pm — Reply

Wait, is Neil Gaimen writing Metamorpho? And Paul Pope “Strange Adventures?” That’s pretty intriguing….