batgirl1cvrblog.jpg

With DC switching up the who’s who in the Batman universe, the final question on many people’s minds is, “Who is the new Batgirl?”  Dc has been teasing readers for weeks with publicity images, but today, we’re giving you the chance to cast your vote on who you think is under the Batgirl cowl.

CHOOSE!

Who is the "new" Batgirl?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

SDCC'09: eFX Inc launches Disney prop replica line

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Dustin Nguyen

1. Kirby
    June 9, 2009 at 1:28 pm — Reply

Nice Rolling Stones reference. My vote is for Misfit.

2. Hitman Sam
    June 9, 2009 at 2:06 pm — Reply

I dunno… I’m still sticking with Ravager. Not only does she have the combat experience, she has close ties to Dick Grayson. But, for the sake of it, let’s go down the list:

Babs- Maybe. I haven’t been following Oricle: The Cop- out, so I don’t know what’s going on with her character at the moment. Would rather see her assist the new B&R team from the sidelines, though.

Spoiler- Rather see her in Red Robin, or if Tim were under the Bat- cowl.

Holly Robinson (not THAT Holly Robinson)- Ehhh, the character doesn’t do much for me.

Cass Cain- If it were that simple, DC wouldn’t be making such a big deal of it… right?

Vicki Vale- Didn’t know this character was even around anymore. Interesting idea, but not much more than that.

Ravager- See above.

Misfit- Nah. She’d be in Teen Titans of a new version of Birds of Prey before she’d be allowed to be Batgirl.

Huntress- Does anyone care?

Wendy (sans Marvin)- Isn’t Calculator gonna make her a robot or something…?

Meh.

3. Lifeisaglitch
    June 9, 2009 at 2:43 pm — Reply

@Hitman

Vickie Vale just figured out the whos who of the Bat-family and is set on proving it.

4. MaximusRift
    June 9, 2009 at 2:51 pm — Reply

I’d kinda like to see Babs back in costume again. After all, it is Dick under the cowl.

5. DrNobody
    June 9, 2009 at 3:10 pm — Reply

I actually think it’s Bette Kane since she probably is no longer Flamebird for the time being (until the Superman titles are done using that character that is…).

6. awesomecactus
    June 9, 2009 at 3:38 pm — Reply

Kirby: actually, it was the Who……….won’t get fooled again

7. crood
    June 9, 2009 at 3:41 pm — Reply

I’m going with Cassandra for several reasons.

Mike Marts stated that it’s one of the characters on the board in the image. That narrows it down to Stephanie, Barbara, Cassandra, and Misfit.

I doubt it’s Barbara because her look would be too similar to Batwoman’s. If they’re really pushing Kate Kane, there’s not much to physically differentiate her from Barbara.

I don’t know enough about Misfit to make an argument either way, but she just seems the least likely.

Stephanie would seem likely due to being at the top of the Batgirl section. The other sections all have the star of the book at the top.

Cassandra is the only non-white on the suspect list. Don’t downplay political correctness. Does DC want to hear about replacing a half Asian with a blond, white girl?

Lastly, DC has made it a habit over the last few years to try an create a buzz with phony mysteries. Look at Battle for the Cowl and the whole “obvious choice may not be the logical choice” statement. It only fooled those who were looking for a swerve.

8. Ryan
    June 9, 2009 at 4:08 pm — Reply

I read somewhere that DC stated that Bette Kane will play a roll with the new Batwoman, so why not have her as Bat-Girl again. I just don’t see a place to vote for her.

9. June 9, 2009 at 4:51 pm — Reply

I’d pretty much be okay with anyone BUT Babs. Being Batgirl again would feel like such a step back for her; she had far more power & influence as Oracle, and regaining the ability to walk shouldn’t require her losing all of that. But since I have to pick one, I’d say… Steph. It actually feels overdue with her.

10. Ricco
    June 9, 2009 at 4:57 pm — Reply

I would prefer Rose, but can live with Mysfit which I believe is the most likely and likeable candidate.

11. EdS
    June 9, 2009 at 11:42 pm — Reply

I think it will be Vicki Vale, but I would hope for either Stephanie Brown or Rose. Maybe Bruce?

12. Hitman Sam
    June 10, 2009 at 8:11 am — Reply

@EdS

Yeah! That’d be great!

“I’m Bruce Wayne. I’ve travelled back from the distant past which may somehow be the future to fight crime… AS A WOMAN!”

13. Salieri
    June 10, 2009 at 11:09 am — Reply

The art on that Steph Brown pic is horrible. Swollen cheekbones notwithstanding, her pupils could at least be facing the same direction.

14. CF
    June 10, 2009 at 11:11 am — Reply

They probably should have come up with a new character or choose Cassandra Cain. I mean it can’t be just anyone who could become a superhero. They should practically have EXTENSIVE MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING ala Beatrix Kiddo from Kill Bill.

15. DMC
    June 10, 2009 at 5:16 pm — Reply

Stephanie Brown as Batgirl and Cassandra Wayne as the Spoiler. Why?

Stephanie needs a new challange, a mantle with some weight on it that will bring out the best in her. Her personality fits the mold of the Silver Age Batgirl (Barbara), but not completely of course. She’s not as edgy and cut throat as Cassandra and still has a lot to learn.

With a highly trained cut throat ninja assassin under the mask, the Spoiler would be a much much cooler crime fighter.

Can’t wait for the 3rd teaser image..

16. ykw
    June 10, 2009 at 8:45 pm — Reply

@ awesomecactus:

No, no, no. The Who and it’s leader-singer-songwriter Ray Davies gave us immortal hits like “Mrs. Brown, You’ve Got A Lovely Daughter” and “I’m ‘Enery The Eighth, I am”. The Rolling Stones’ creative duo of Lennon and McCartney released HOUSES OF THE HOLY with their classic “Won’t Get Fooled Again” among the double-album’s many hits.

As to the survey, I’m hoping for Charlie — I want a fun book — but fully expect in the Era Of Didio that it’ll be a (not-Dark) vengeance-driven Wendy under the cowl.

17. setsuna_mp
    June 18, 2009 at 1:34 am — Reply

Vicki Vale will never be a Batgirl because lets face it, if porking a super hero was all it took Superman wife would have made SuperHero a loooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago. And really in my mind that’s all Vicki Vale will ever by just Batman’s ex-girlfriend.