Over at the Source, DC public relations guru Alex Segura posted the cover to Batman and Robin #4 that features the mysterious new Red Hood character along with his sidekick who’s gone through one of Pyg’s treatments.

Take the jump for the full image.

(Click for 1383x2100 image)
(Click for 1383x2100 image)

Anyone wanna take bets on who’s under the hood?  Is it Jason Tood, The Joker (with Harley sidekick), or someone else?

via The Source

Fall Out Boy Pete Wentz creates comics with Image

Batman: The Brave and the Bold Sneak Peek: Duel of the Double Crossers

1. June 5, 2009 at 9:58 am — Reply

They are SO “MorriQuitelyish”.

2. Ricco
    June 5, 2009 at 10:18 am — Reply

Jason Todd and the daughter of the guy we see in issue one. Joker is too depresed from the death of his bestest friend to do anything other then cry untill he comes back in about a year or so.

3. Salieri
    June 5, 2009 at 11:51 am — Reply

I’m fully believing it to be Joker because Joker was last seen cackling about ‘Red and Black’ and then being knocked off a bridge by a red and black Batmobile – in, I may add, an ambulance, primarily coloured white (his own particular colour). This would then have ‘rebooted’ his varying rota of personalities based on his being knocked into a river (again), causing him to revert to the first alternate identity he ever assumed – the Red Hood – and restarting his life as a Punisher-esque Vigilante, with a costume that incorporates Black, Red and White.

Or it could just be Jason, and Morrison has been forced to introduce him even later than Dick because – like the majority of us – he just doesn’t like Jason very much.

4. duckface
    June 5, 2009 at 12:31 pm — Reply

Cassandra Cain?
    I only say that because for some reason I thought it must be her in the preview at the end of #1 (where she was only a silhouette). They DID say she won’t be in the Bat family but still be around, right?

Also I’m guessing this has to be Jason. Would be cool if it was somebody else.

This artwork really does feel like an Elseworlds. I kinda love it!

5. Salieri
    June 5, 2009 at 12:54 pm — Reply

duckface, Scarlet is most likely to be the girl threatened by Pyg in B&R #1, whose father’s face is melted off…it looks like she’ll get the same treatment, almost become a doll-o-tron, and then escape and seek vengeance.

This site does something to me. I’m dredging up spoilers from within my very brain matter.

6. ~wyntermute~
    June 5, 2009 at 1:06 pm — Reply

Man…. I dunno… Does anybody else get a Mysterio-from-the-Spider-Man-cartoons vibe out of this Red Hood? His head’s a bloody gelcap. He looks more like The Red Bullet (available in all well-stocked adult…”entertainment” shops). I’m not commenting upon his deadliness, or anything BUT the look here, so he/it may well possibly turn out to be the spookiest S.O.B. in years. I’m just sayin’ it’s less a “hood”, and more a “helmet”.

7. ykw
    June 5, 2009 at 1:25 pm — Reply

Definitely ain’t Miz Quinzel, even if the guy under the Red Hood (who should really change his name to “Lipstick Head” based on that image) does turn out t’be Mistah J; Dini’s got her in one of his post-RIP titles.

8. Salieri
    June 5, 2009 at 1:37 pm — Reply

@~wyntermute~: You better blame Bill Finger & Bob Kane for the shape of the Hood (as well as Alan Moore & Brian Bolland for explaining to us the mechanics of how a person can see out of it.)

9. Jacin B
    June 5, 2009 at 2:12 pm — Reply

For some reason, the girl not having eyebrows really creeps me the hell out.

10. ~wyntermute~
    June 5, 2009 at 3:50 pm — Reply

Salieri: I will properly assign blame to whoever is responsible for the Gelcap Hood. Like, it’s not even “blame” that is important at this point… Just…. Gawd, guys. Fix it! Give the man a hood! Make it red! Give it eyeholes! Badabing! Oh, and add me to the list of the people creeped out by the dolltrons.

11. Ricco
    June 5, 2009 at 4:55 pm — Reply

Maybe Mr. Freeze changed flavors and now he prefers red over plain.

12. Lifeisaglitch
    June 6, 2009 at 2:27 pm — Reply

Naw man that dude iconic and it is a “Hood” just not the kind you are thinking of. Besides making those changes might cause some mild confusion..

Red Hood who?

The new Marvel guy… No wait the old DC character.

Dark Reign is on Marvels DCU?

Yes..wait no!

13. June 7, 2009 at 8:53 pm — Reply

Actually, the mechanics behind the Red Hood were put together in his first appearance, if I recall…

14. July 10, 2009 at 3:01 pm — Reply

Thats NOT the cover by Philip Tan.

15. July 10, 2009 at 3:22 pm — Reply

Jonathan: I don’t believe anyone said it was Philip Tan’s work.