Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Samurai Jack action

Join Marvel DCU and get Nick Fury action figure free

1. Ricco
    June 4, 2009 at 3:49 pm — Reply

I laughed at the AMC “Original” part, since when is a remake considered original? :)
    They seem to have moved the setting from an island to a desert and I’m not certain but the architecture looks old, like the Village is stuck in the sixties, well as long as they call him #6 I’ll watch it. The lack of water probably means no anti-escape bubbles rising from the water tho, I liked those…

Is that a grenade we see in 6’s mouth?

2. hermit
    June 4, 2009 at 3:54 pm — Reply

i didn’t know they were remakiing it. was it really necessary. does american people are so afraid of old, english stuff that they have to remake everything.

when will they do a doctor who remake.

3. Kirby
    June 4, 2009 at 4:00 pm — Reply

Hermit, I agree with you 100%. Also the 8th doctor’s solo adventure was American made I think.

4. Kirby
    June 4, 2009 at 4:01 pm — Reply

P.S. Otherwise, I have not seen the original and I’m of the mind “If it’s a remake of a classic, watch the classic.”

5. June 4, 2009 at 4:25 pm — Reply

The original ‘Prisoner’ is my all time favorite television series. I am curious to see how it will updated and adapted, but nothing will ever beat Patrick McGoohan as #6.

6. Dan Hunter
    June 5, 2009 at 12:55 am — Reply

where’s the frickin’ welsh village? And the bubbles? They’re raping my childhood! What’s next? Remaking star trek?