Major Spoilers Podcast Listener Call-in

Here it is the celebratory 100th issue of the Major Spoilers Podcast! This bonus sized edition (yup, it’s a long one) includes live call-ins from listeners of the show and fans of the site. It was a lot of fun chatting with everyone and we really appreciate everyone around the world who stayed up way past their bedtime to join in on the fun.

We gave away a lot of prizes during the show, and for those who couldn’t make the live event, listen carefully after the intro and you’ll find out how to win a copy of Neil Gaiman’s Sandman Volume II: The Absolute Edition.

[podcast]http://media.libsyn.com/media/majorspoilers/majorspoilers_100.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Podcast Alley

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Music from this episode comes from Armin Brewer (intro) and James Kennison (closing) from the Nobody’s Listening Podcast. A big thanks to both of these guys for creating kick-ass music for the show!

Major Spoilers Podcast Issue #100 - Or, the conclusion of the Stately Spoiler Manor Tour

Top Cow to release best of Marc Silvestri

1. Propane
    May 27, 2009 at 4:17 am — Reply

Well done on 100 shows, guys! They’ve all been fantastic.

2. Slappy
    May 27, 2009 at 6:17 am — Reply

# 100 was fun even if I couldn’t get through on the Major Spoilers Hotline.

3. Lifeisaglitch
    May 27, 2009 at 6:46 am — Reply

Great show, you should make the ustream a regular thing like ELR has done.

4. hermit
    May 27, 2009 at 6:56 am — Reply

sorry i missed most of it. something came up and i couldn’t listen to the entire show. and i realized my phone is a piece of crap, i hope i didn’t sound too retarded.

this is going to take me a while before i can listen to the entire show.

i sooooo wanted the damn statue. bolland is one of my favorite artists. better luck next time i guess.

here’s to a thousand more (yup, i said it, not hundred, THOUSAND!!!!!)

5. hermit
    May 27, 2009 at 7:46 am — Reply

man, i just listened to my call, i suck sooooooo bad.

next time i’m gonna call from another phone.

6. Ricco
    May 27, 2009 at 8:24 am — Reply

That was great! Too bad I missed some of it when I had to go to sleep, is it wrong if my prefered part was Matthew’s call getting dropped every other minute :)

7. May 27, 2009 at 8:30 am — Reply

Matthew getting dropped was our favorite part of the show too! :D

8. Ricco
    May 27, 2009 at 8:32 am — Reply

Still, it was weird him not cutting you or Rodrigo off every 5 seconds with one of his trademark rants.

9. Hitman Sam
    May 27, 2009 at 9:25 am — Reply

Happy 100th, guys! Here’s to 100 more!

10. Kirby
    May 27, 2009 at 10:05 am — Reply

Great episode guys. When I called in forgot to mute the Ustream first, so that’s why I delayed.

Here’s to more great podcasts ahead.

11. Ricco
    May 27, 2009 at 10:05 am — Reply

Here’s an idea, why not have a monthly live podcast?
    It could be used to discuss all that has happened during the last month in the world of comic books.

12. steviecool
    May 27, 2009 at 10:17 am — Reply

Congrats on your 100th!

• May 27, 2009 at 3:26 pm — Reply

NINE MINUTES?

You let me talk for NINE MINUTES????

Good lord, even *I* don’t know all 100 references anymore!

13. May 27, 2009 at 10:21 am — Reply

Very entertaining show!

Congrats to #100, guys!

14. Rome
    May 27, 2009 at 2:54 pm — Reply

Hey, how do I get to the chatroom?

15. Rodrigo
    May 27, 2009 at 3:30 pm — Reply

going back and listening to it there’s stuff in that intro that I don’t remember hearing the first time around

16. Gaumer
    May 27, 2009 at 3:30 pm — Reply

For 100 references 9 minutes was not too bad

Here’s to another 100 guys

17. Ricco
    May 27, 2009 at 4:04 pm — Reply

@Matthew: at first I thought it was a recorded compilation of all the refs you have made in the previous pods, then I realised it was too fluidic to be a recording… then I thought you were having a stroke or something :)

18. Dan Hunter
    May 27, 2009 at 4:14 pm — Reply

Good episode guys! Can I just set the record straight and let the world know I’m NOT in my late 30’s!!! My wife now thinks I lied about my age to her :-D

I think i picked up two references in the full 9 minutes, I need to hand over my geek card.

19. vistapa
    May 27, 2009 at 4:52 pm — Reply

And many more……….

20. May 27, 2009 at 5:00 pm — Reply

The 100 references have actually broken a hole in the space-time continuum and exist in a state of temporal flux, Rodrigo. They change every four seconds, and you’ll have to listen to the show 15 times to get them all.

It’s your penance for mocking my British accent. :)

21. Dan Hunter
    May 27, 2009 at 7:04 pm — Reply

Mocking? Moi? I said it improved to a James Marsters / Spike vibe :-D

Now I’m going down to apple and pears to answer the dog and bone. Gawd bless you Merry Poppin’s!

22. May 27, 2009 at 9:17 pm — Reply

For the record, I have no idea how old Dan Hunter is. However, considering how knowledgeable he is about Marry Poppins, he has to be pushing 40… or older… i really don’t know.

23. May 27, 2009 at 9:32 pm — Reply

I’ve tracked down 70 references so far, I got 39 on my first listen…

24. May 27, 2009 at 10:47 pm — Reply

39 is pretty good, given my endless babbling, but it might be said that you have an unfair advantage, sir.

25. Allen Jones
    May 28, 2009 at 2:08 pm — Reply

Really enjoyed the show! Congrats guys. For some reason, Stephen, you sounded better on the recorded version than you did live. Either way, I had fun listening, and I’ll continue to listen as long as you keep doing them.

• May 28, 2009 at 2:53 pm — Reply

Allen: That’s because you were looking at my ugly mug, which detracts from the soothing sound of my voice… ;)

26. vistapa
    May 28, 2009 at 3:11 pm — Reply

the show was great, but the best part was the interaction with others fellows MSP’s fans in the chat room, and i can finally submit my suggestion for the poll of the week EGO Vs. MOGO aka the REAL battle of the planets.
    P.S. Amazing how of us get to know the MS site through Scott’s ELR

• May 28, 2009 at 3:44 pm — Reply

Scott and I have a good relationship with one another, and I’m always happy when he promotes Major Spoilers. I do wonder, however, how many people discovered the site via our sponsorship of all the Nerdtacular events?

27. Callum
    May 28, 2009 at 4:15 pm — Reply

Hey guys,

Congratulations on 100 issues!!

I look forward to hearing the next 100!!

C!

PS I started listening to this podcast and ELR about the same time, but I am not sure which one lead me to the other.

28. May 31, 2009 at 6:19 pm — Reply

Man, I had to work and I missed the whole thing!!! Great episode too! Matthew, that intro was EPIC. I love the show, I love you guys. Great job!!

I knew every damn Major Spoilers question too… how sad is that?

29. hermit
    June 1, 2009 at 11:59 am — Reply

on the next live show i,ll have a better phone and i’ll say ‘aboot’ and ‘hey’. i was too nervous, i forgot to do it.