100threminder.jpg

Just wanted to remind everyone that Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 8:00 PM CDT, the Major Spoilers Crew will host a live issue of the Major Spoilers Podcast.  It just so happens to be our 100th episode, and we’re celebrating in style with trivia, laughter, drinks, and of course comic book talk.

As always,  the Major Spoilers Podcast is nothing without comments from great readers and listeners like you.  We want you to call in during the live show at  (785) 727-1939.  You can also contact us at our Skype number if you don’t want to pay any long distance charges.  We’re giving away a lot of prizes from Warner Home Video and from Stephen’s Merchandise Closet of Doom!

If you can’t be there for the live show, make sure you listen, as there is a special contest for you.  If you want to send best wishes, or any other thoughts about Major Spoilers, the state of the comic book industry, or anything else on your mind, record your comments and send it as an MP3 file in an email to podcast@majorspoilers.com.

Major Spoilers Poll of the Week: RIse of the Terminators

Review: Battle for the Cowl #3

1. Salieri
    May 25, 2009 at 2:39 pm — Reply

A hearty congratulations to ye, me fellows. Sorry I can’t comment vocally, but my recording device has been kerfuzzled and I lack the money for phone charges even in the middle of the night. Major Spoilers, I’ve always found, has had a charm that sites such as ign or Newsarama lack – the same sort of charm that differentiates a home-made burger with onions and grated cheese from a Mackie D cheeseburger. The podcast is part of that – I just love the feeling that at the core of this fantastic hub is just three guys talking and having fun.

Without M S dot com, I would not have my discerning taste among comics, my tendency to just ignore continuity in favour of enjoying a story, my penchant for ridiculous photoshops, and my fondness for various webcomics. Thanks, guys!

2. May 25, 2009 at 3:36 pm — Reply

My tribute to 100 podcasts? A Bitstrips Tour of Stately Spoiler Manor!:

Congrats guys!

3. Dan Hunter
    May 25, 2009 at 4:22 pm — Reply

Arrggh I’ve got a class to teach, but if I time lunch correctly I still might be able to listen and call in!

4. Lifeisaglitch
    May 25, 2009 at 4:47 pm — Reply

Late at night, right in the middle of exams….I might be to tired to jump in.

5. Curtis
    May 25, 2009 at 5:37 pm — Reply

I will be at work but I wish all you guys the best and pray to the gods that we poor schlubs can get another 100 episodes before it all implodes.

6. May 25, 2009 at 6:10 pm — Reply

I’m gonna be coming off of a flight from out of town, but that’s not gonna stop me from calling in!

7. Slappy
    May 25, 2009 at 9:11 pm — Reply

Don’t be a Blok- head, listen to Major Spoilers. I will call in. Be there or be a parallellogram. Congrats on all of your hard work.

8. Salieri
    May 26, 2009 at 7:28 am — Reply

You’re probably recording right now. Can you read this? ARGHBLARGH. Did you read that? HELLOOO!

9. Adam
    May 26, 2009 at 9:15 am — Reply

I won’t be able to be at my computer tonight for the show, it sucks.

I’ve been reading this site since right after it opened, I believe, and it’s the first site that actually felt like ‘home’ to me. Keep up the fantastic work Stephen, Matthew, and Rodrigo.

Your faithful Spoilerite

10. Salieri
    May 26, 2009 at 9:23 am — Reply

Ah, right.

Dammit.

11. Lifeisaglitch
    May 26, 2009 at 9:54 am — Reply

Guys if i dont make it i just want to say congratz!

TO A 100 MORE!

12. George McBain
    May 26, 2009 at 12:13 pm — Reply

Actual non-comic reader here, but huge fan of the podcast for over a year. May call the Skype line when I get home to sign your praises. I should be able to make the live show as well.

13. George McBain
    May 26, 2009 at 12:14 pm — Reply

sing*

Actually, now I might really call in to sign (language) your praises. Hrm.