The movie opened strong this weekend, and even though Terminator: Salvation referenced all of the other movies that came before it, I liked it.

It did bring up the question of what Terminator model is everyone’s favorite?  Is it the classic Arnold T-800 (101/805) model, the T-1000, or the Terminatrix?  Now’s your chance to cast your vote!

Rise of the Terminators

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Boom! Studios Sneak Peek of the Week

MSP#100 Reminder: The Major Spoilers Experience

1. Shaihulud
    May 25, 2009 at 12:33 pm — Reply

The T-800 always seems to be able to beat the others despite technical inferiority, therefore he wins my vote. Also: ‘I’ll be back’

2. faralar
    May 25, 2009 at 12:37 pm — Reply

As far as I’m concerned there are only two terminator movies (1 and 2 obviously) and because of that there’s really only one choice.

3. Kirby
    May 25, 2009 at 12:48 pm — Reply

As hot as Cameron is, you cannot beat the original Arnie.

4. Lifeisaglitch
    May 25, 2009 at 12:58 pm — Reply

The T-1000 all the way, can you say unstoppable killing machine? What makes this one so great is that it is seemingly invulnerable until the end of the movie. Its all the goodness of the original terminator movie combined with the horror of a Jason like character (unstoppable killer hunting you) It is imho a great example of the relentless hunter.

Gotta give props to the T-888 also…but only after the chip was removed and John was hooked up to it did the beastwizard become interesting..So i guess not, after all it only served as an avatar for a more interresting character (baby Skynet) so yea maybe not so much then.

5. May 25, 2009 at 1:30 pm — Reply

T-800, no question. Sure, the T-1000 looked cool, but was it coolER than an Austrian bodybuilder in black leather, armed to the teeth? In short, no.

All kidding aside though, the original Terminator movie had a noir quality to it that I really liked. One of my favorite scenes is the one where T-800 quietly repairs itself in the dimly lit rathole of an apartment/hotel room. Can’t top the original.

But I am curious about Garret Dillahunt’s T-888. I’ve only seen the SCC’s pilot episode and he wasn’t in it. He’s a fantastic actor, though.

6. Lifeisaglitch
    May 25, 2009 at 1:37 pm — Reply

The T-888 isnt really interesting but the moment its hooked up to “John” (not Connor but Baby skynet) and gets to serve as its interface, Dillahunt gets to play the most creepiest and most interesting character on the show, and he does a brilliant job!

7. faralar
    May 25, 2009 at 1:43 pm — Reply

The second movie is still one of my top five ever, it manages to nail so many different aspects. You have the noir feeling, the horror theme, the father son story, the coming of age/standing up against authority thing, the GREAT special effects and the philosophical theme. In my opinion the effed up the whole thing with 3. It’s the same as with the new indiana jones movie, a sequel done years after to cash in on a popular franchise, they basically raped my childhood….which is the exact opposite of what Warren Ellis did with GI Joe, you know what I mean.

8. Ricco
    May 25, 2009 at 6:19 pm — Reply

I prefer Cameron because, unlike Arnold, Summer Glau is capable to act as both a machine AND a human being.
    Plus Cameron is smarter, in my opinion, then the T-800 model which always seems to outsmart the other models.

9. Mike Keller
    May 26, 2009 at 3:41 pm — Reply

Hey ya left out Catherine Weaver (Shirley Manson), the T-1001. She was cool!
    ‘Course, you gotta draw the line somewhere.