Mini Retro Review: FCBD Atomic Robo

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Star Wars Party Edition

1. emotoaster
    May 23, 2009 at 1:13 pm — Reply

Man this was an awesome movie IMO. Yeah the story doesn’t compare in terms of quality to the orginal and T2, but the action and effects really carry the movie. And man where those terminators amazing. I was glued to my seat for the entire thing.

I will say this I loved Marcus Wright, Sam Worthington was great. Bale left something to be desired and he did the ‘voice’ but other than that awesome summer movie.

2. May 23, 2009 at 1:37 pm — Reply

I liked it. It wasn’t amazing but I like sad robots that don’t know if they’re alive. There were a couple things that didn’t really make logical sense but I still liked it! I was expecting this to make me cry but there didn’t seem to be that emotional pull for the robot like in T2.

3. May 23, 2009 at 1:52 pm — Reply

Seriously, I thought this movie was great. It wasn’t a masterpiece, but it was a solid start to a new trilogy of terminator films. Marcus was such a tragic figure; it’s too bad he probably wouldn’t show up in the next one. *sad face*

4. Josh P.
    May 23, 2009 at 2:03 pm — Reply

It may not have been spectacular, but it was entertaining. And that’s all I want out of my Summer movies.

5. May 23, 2009 at 8:43 pm — Reply

After re-watching the first film, Terminator Salvation had call backs to the entire franchise, beyond the obvious lines, and appearances of certain people. That’s more detail then I was expecting. Overall I agree with the above posters, its an entertaining movie.

6. May 23, 2009 at 11:18 pm — Reply

Is it better then the TV show?

7. May 23, 2009 at 11:29 pm — Reply

Entertaining movie but casting a Brit and an Aussie, both with wavering american accents, in the two leading roles really offended my ears.

Was half expecting “G’Day Mate, I’m a bloomin’ terminator. ‘Ow wouldja like me heart?”

8. Luckyboy08
    May 24, 2009 at 9:17 am — Reply

(Spoilers?)

I honestly thought the movie was ok and had a nice pace and that the story was flowing very smoothly up until Marcus escapes from the human base. Everything after that I felt was total crap. It’s almost like they woke up and thought OMG we have about 30min left of film, lets cram as much as we can in there and to hell if it makes sense or not.

9. downbylaw
    May 24, 2009 at 12:14 pm — Reply

batman 3 was interesting and there seemed to be a bunch of loopholes…but eh…i give it a 5 out of 10.

anybody else think it was to loud or am i just getting really old?

10. downbylaw
    May 24, 2009 at 12:14 pm — Reply

*but there seemed….

11. Crash
    May 24, 2009 at 6:47 pm — Reply

I greatly enjoyed the movie. All the actors did great except the fact that John Conner is Batman. BTW after seeing Moon Bloodgood in this movie I actually wanna see the Chun-Li movie once it hits video.

12. May 25, 2009 at 9:53 am — Reply

I liked it a lot. I think Christian Bale is a very believable action star, even if he uses his “Batman voice” a little too much. I loved the washed out, grainy cinematography. And I really loved Anton Yelchin’s Kyle Reese. The only real complaint I had was the ending. I’ll avoid spoilers, but it was pretty cheesy.

@downbylaw: Yeah, the movie was ridiculously loud. I couldn’t hear much for a few hours after leaving the theater.

13. steviecool
    May 25, 2009 at 5:45 pm — Reply

I liked it. BUt I have the Reese’s Pieces dilemma with this film.
    Was it a robot with Marcus’ brain and heart, or Marcus in a robot body?

14. May 25, 2009 at 10:45 pm — Reply

I thought it was a very good movie. No real complaints w/ it.
    And LOVED the “cameo”/ode to the original.