Last week’s Major Spoilers Poll of the Week, stirred up a lot of discussion over the actresses who have portrayed Lois Lane. This brings us to this week’s Poll of the Week – Who is the best Lois Lane?

Favorite Lois Lane

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Mutant Registration Act Vetoed by President Obama

Marvel Solicitations for August 2009

1. May 19, 2009 at 11:33 am — Reply

I’d be pretty nervous around Philis. See how tightly she’s wearing those pearls, they don’t call those necklaces chokers for nothing. Philis is probably wearing stylish but serious shoes with a nice thick heel so when she kicks you in the shin it really hurts, and I bet her dainty little pill box hat is hard as rock, better to protect her head or smash in yours. Beware Philis.

Anyone of these women could take down Terry Hatcher, the girl is so skinny, you could probably scare her to death by showing her a 1/2 an oreo and non fat latte.

2. chromega
    May 19, 2009 at 11:38 am — Reply

No Anne Heche or Kyra Sedgwick eh?

3. Brother129
    May 19, 2009 at 12:02 pm — Reply

Good call. Who plays the animated Lois Lane? Dana Delaney? She’s probably the best Lois. But from a live action standpoint I think Terri Hatcher nailed a lot of Lois’s quirks and was believable as a reporter and the woman to steal Clark’s heart. This is followed by Erica Durance who I think is doing a good job with the character even though the show has abandoned a lot of the comics mythos. And let me just say that Kate Bosworth did absolutely nothing for me as Lois. One of the many reasons that Superman Returns bombed….

4. Hitman Sam
    May 19, 2009 at 12:22 pm — Reply

OK, I’m having a brain fart, and I don’t feel like going to Wikipedia. When was Miss Scarlet (Lesley Ann Warren) Lois Lane?

5. May 19, 2009 at 12:29 pm — Reply

I’m going with Margot Kidder on this one: she lived on the streets.
    That should qualify her as “tough enough” to win this battle royale.

6. May 19, 2009 at 12:31 pm — Reply

Hitman: in the 1972(?) television adaptation of It’s a Bird…It’s a Plane… musical.

7. May 19, 2009 at 12:33 pm — Reply

Brother129: Dana Delaney was the Animated Series Lois.
    Chromega: no.

8. Ricco
    May 19, 2009 at 12:40 pm — Reply

Have any of them besides Erica actually kicked ass in any way or shape? Lois & Clark was so long ago that I don’t remember… Erica Durance has the rush into danger part of Lois and the fight when needed part the others seem to miss, she’s not only a damsel in distress. Also Erica’s Lois is sorta mean spirited and evil, always a plus :)

9. Hitman Sam
    May 19, 2009 at 12:46 pm — Reply

Stephen: That’s RIGHT!! Totally forgot about that one!

Ricco: Terry Hatcher was kind- of a b**ch. Does that count?

10. MaximusRift
    May 19, 2009 at 2:04 pm — Reply

I voted Teri Hatcher because, like Matthew & Stephen, she was really hot in that show and her show actually showed the Superman costume. In my eyes and heart Lois & Clark was a better show than Smallville.

• May 19, 2009 at 7:42 pm — Reply

Wait… Stephen and I were hot like Teri Hatcher?

When did that happen?

11. Ok
    May 19, 2009 at 2:08 pm — Reply

Noel Neill. Have you people no sense of history??

12. ykw
    May 19, 2009 at 7:27 pm — Reply

I can’t imagine anyone voting against Joan Alexander has ever sat down and listened to the entire Meteor From Krypton/Atom Man saga that consumed literally all of the fall of 1945. Alexander’s Lois is absolutely devoted to Superman — and yet also absolutely devoted to her work to the extent that she knowingly publicizes the existence of… let’s just call it “the nature of the Meteor From Krypton” (though the spoilery aspect should be pretty obvious) with full understanding of the risk it generates for the big S. Absolutely cold, yet absolutely caring. It shouldn’t work, especially with just voice to convey it — and, yet, it does.

What amazes is that she’s so intense and personality-driven on that show, and so absolutely lifeless and dull on television. (Not counting her NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN work, ‘course.)

13. Kurt Fenreer
    May 20, 2009 at 1:08 am — Reply

Christopher Reeve will always be Superman to me, and Margot Kidder will forever be his Olive Oil… err… Lois Lane.

14. nu