The latest teaser from Marvel builds the speculation about what is coming (or who is returning) to Captain America in June.

(click for larger image)
(click for larger image)

CAPTAIN AMERICA #600 (APR090492)
Written by ED BRUBAKER with MARK WAID, ROGER STERN & STAN LEE
Pencils by BUTCH GUICE, LUKE ROSS, DALE EAGLESHAM, AL AVISION, HOWARD CHAYKIN, DAVID AJA, RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE & KALMAN ANDRASOFSZKY
Cover by STEVE EPTING
50/50 Cover by ALEX ROSS

This is a $4.99 issue.

via Marvel

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Laputa: Castle in the Sky

This Week on the Major Spoilers Podcast: Rising Stars

1. ~wyntermute~
    May 11, 2009 at 3:41 pm — Reply

I’m not doing this just to be funny, or anything sinister or sarcastic… I just wanted that out of the way, before I ask: “Who???”

2. May 11, 2009 at 3:47 pm — Reply

That couldn’t be Bucky from Liefelds Hero Reborn could it?

3. May 11, 2009 at 4:06 pm — Reply

Didn’t she cross over into the 616 during the Onslaught Reborn series? Hmm…

4. Lifeisaglitch
    May 11, 2009 at 4:46 pm — Reply

I know this is a random thought but the picture and title just prompted it..Wouldn’t a female Captain America be cool as hell? Nothing against Bucky Cap..But the thought just popped up.

5. May 11, 2009 at 4:49 pm — Reply

So?

6. Brother129
    May 11, 2009 at 4:57 pm — Reply

“Girl Without a World” would lead me to believe its the Heroes Reborn Bucky…

7. Rowan
    May 11, 2009 at 5:01 pm — Reply

Yeah and well just because the art is better does not mean anything Liefeld has done is good , that’s right I said it. just move those pouches on her utility belt all over her body or give her ten more utility belts and she can be lady cable ! and even though im sassin’ it I am kinda intrigued perhaps she will be Captain Ameribuckays Bucky ! yayyyy

8. May 11, 2009 at 5:15 pm — Reply

Rafael Albuquerque posted this on his blog(http://www.rafaelalbuquerque.com/blog/captain-america-600/)and said he was doing some art with her for the upcoming Cap 600 a couple weeks back. I think it’s just a short story and not the entire issue about her. Just some misdirection on Marvel’s part. It’s Rikki Barnes for those unawares.

9. Randallw
    May 12, 2009 at 12:18 am — Reply

I seem to remember the Heroes Reborn Earth might have been destroyed in Exiles. Proteus arrived and Chaos and Order decided it was time to destroy it. Probably the Exiles saved it but I remember there was a young female Captain America.

10. Randallw
    May 12, 2009 at 12:19 am — Reply

Incidentally, everytime I post today I get an error.

• May 12, 2009 at 12:35 am — Reply

We’ve narrowed it down to something with the hosting provider. It seems to be intermittent – but we’ve noticed it mostly in the evening.

11. Salieri
    May 12, 2009 at 2:09 am — Reply

Urghargalpharglwagh.

This is the nearest word that comes close to the noise of me spitting out bile at the thought of revisiting the Heroes Reborn universe ever again. Come ON, guys. Jeph Loeb ran that bastard straight into the ground where it was meant to be with his Loeb-powers. Don’t even try to make it ‘cool’ again.

12. Kirby
    May 13, 2009 at 9:35 am — Reply

I’m I the only one who would want a 600th issue of Captain America to be a… I don’t know, 600th issue retrospective or something. Why make a whole new story, pay homage to the past instead, then make this story in issue 601 instead