Archaia Solicitations for July 2009

Review: Army of Darkness #20

1. Hitman Sam
    May 7, 2009 at 4:17 pm — Reply

Uh- oh! Somebody left Martian Manhunter in the microwave too long!

2. steviecool
    May 7, 2009 at 5:04 pm — Reply

Holy Zombie, Batman!
    Wait, I meant Hole-y Zombie, Batman!
    Batman?
    Batman?
    Holy! Zombie Batman!

3. Morpheus
    May 7, 2009 at 8:39 pm — Reply

I have a question for the green lantern readers. Would the Blackest Night arc be a good place to jump on. I have only read 2 Green Lantern books in my life but I have loved the character from my youth. Let me know what you think about this as a place to jump in feet first.

At least I know Johns will tell a good story.

4. Hitman Sam
    May 7, 2009 at 9:27 pm — Reply

Hey Morpheus, honestly, Blackest Night probably wouldn’t be the best place to jump in fresh. If I were you, I’d start with the Green Lantern: Blackest Night trade. It would introduce you to the character a little more in detail. I’d follow with The Sinestro Corps War, which is broken up into two trades (I think). This’ll help you into the concept of multiple Corps, their colors and powers, etc. Johns has stated in a few places that he’s been writing GL to be kinda like the original Star Wars trilogy, with Blackest Night being like Return of the Jedi.

Most public libraries have graphic novels now, so there would be little-to- no cost to get caught up. Or, you could just go to Wikipedia and search out the “Cliff Notes” on these storylines.

This is a great series, and I’d really suggest it. Hope this helps!

5. steviecool
    May 7, 2009 at 9:55 pm — Reply

New funnies have been whipped out and forumed. Ew. Rephrase.

6. May 8, 2009 at 12:31 am — Reply

Morpheus, the Return of the Jedi analogy is a good one. If you do want to jump in there I’d get caught up first, or at least wiki’d up if you don’t have time to do all the reading, but you won’t be disappointed with The Sinestro Corps War. It’s some of the best stuff you will ever read, I couldn’t put it down. The art is first rate too.