Even though X-Men Origins: Wolverine has moderate success in the box office, 20th Century Fox already has plans to make a second Wolverine movie, and today announced it was in development for a Deadpool spin-off movie.

It is understood that Reynolds would regain the ability to mouth off, with the movie going back to the roots of the character known for his slapstick tone and propensity to break the fourth wall. The character also was disfigured in “Wolverine,” though it’s unclear at this time how much the studio would want to mess with Reynolds’ handsome mug.

Currently the project is being sent to writers, who will hopefully deliver a movie that Deadpool fans will be happy with.  Of course part of the success of Wolverine was the large female contingent who think Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds are too dreamy to pass up.  Or so says my wife.

If you are wondering how Deadpool survives the ending of the movie, hopefully you stayed until after the credits to see one of the five Easter egg endings – one of which featured Reynolds waking up.

via THR

Check Out The Mercury Men

Archie Comics Sneak Peek of the Week

1. Allen Jones
    May 6, 2009 at 11:47 am — Reply

I did stay after the credits, but I didn’t get that particular ending. I got the Stryker walking ending and the Logan at the bar ending. Its like the movie studios are taking a cue from the comics in terms of alternate endings at the theater versions like alternate covers and all that.

2. MaximusRift
    May 6, 2009 at 12:10 pm — Reply

I stayed after the credits and all I got was Logan drinking to remember and the Stryker one. They should have just gone with the Deadpool one.

3. Joonas
    May 6, 2009 at 12:16 pm — Reply

Although the movie was a dissapointment , I’m actually expecting Deadpool movie to be good. Reynolds was pretty damn good at the beginning.

4. Lifeisaglitch
    May 6, 2009 at 12:17 pm — Reply

If they get the right writers and director and look long and hard at what Marvel did with Ironman…Well we may have a WINNER!

5. May 6, 2009 at 12:52 pm — Reply

It’s funny, after watching Ironman the first thing that I thought was that maybe now Marvel could put together a good Deadpool move.

6. j corria
    May 6, 2009 at 2:49 pm — Reply

There are five endings!!!!!!????

7. May 6, 2009 at 3:00 pm — Reply

I have only been able to find evidence of three endings on the internet:

1. Logan drinking in bar

2. Stryker walking

3. Deadpool head saying “shhh”

There was a rumors of others, but I can’t find any proof. I am hopeful… but doubtful.

8. downbylaw
    May 6, 2009 at 3:58 pm — Reply

I have no hope whatesoever for the movie knowing that Fox Studios will be making it….

1. The big-wigs dont know what they are doing….durhhh lets out blades in his hands and make him shoot lazers out his eyes durrrr

2. Lets use crappy CGI duuurrrr

3. When we build our sets lets be as sparse as possible…to much detail is bad durrrr

Perhaps someone out there is thinking of a campaign to stop FOX Studios?? Sending a butt-load of Bea Arthur photos? IDK

I will be watching this movie ILLEGALLY because FOX Studios is making it….

Marvel please buy back the rights….please.

9. May 7, 2009 at 12:35 am — Reply

Reynolds was good in his delivery of the lines, but his face is so boyishly cute that it was hard to take him seriously as a dangerous villain — I just wanted to pinch his cheeks! Why would he need to turn to crime when he could easily become Prom King and Class President of whatever school he chose?