Review: Incredible Hercules #127

DC Sneak Peek: Wednesday Comics

1. April 16, 2009 at 2:11 pm — Reply

Wow, could they have f***ed up Bane anymore than that? With how well the rest of the game was looking, why’d they go with the ridiculous Batman & Robin movie version for Bane? And since when is he 5’6″ and 140lbs?

2. Lifeisaglitch
    April 16, 2009 at 3:28 pm — Reply

I think they are using his size thing (Hulk-out rip off) as a story device…which actually is something that gives me hope, it looks like Bane will be portrayed as intelligent and sorta anti-hero-ish when he isnt on a trip.

And thats where the Batman and Robin movie failed in his portrayel as a goon..Bane is SMART!
    Too early to tell.

3. Ryss
    April 16, 2009 at 7:30 pm — Reply

I have no idea who Bane is since, as much as I love Batman, I have not followed the comics or the games. Most of my devotion stems from Adam West (I know, I know) and the several animated series.

That said, this trailer reminds me of the Baal character introduction from Blizzard’s Diablo II. If this game can give me as many years of pleause as D2 did then I am sold.

4. mosdef
    April 16, 2009 at 7:33 pm — Reply

Why in the hell would the prison hook him up to that stuff that would make him that strong, let alone have it in the same facility. Prisons these days gosh….lol

5. Dork
    April 16, 2009 at 7:34 pm — Reply

I don’t know why they make Bane scrawny. Bane is muscular without Venom! The Venom just makes him huge! Hopefully they don’t turn him into some dumb henchman. But how he juices up and grows is good. He’s one of my favorite Batman foes, along with Ra’s al Ghul and Joker. It’d hate for them to screw him up.

Strange, Croc started out as a tough and smart guy who made his way as a gang leader. Later writers just wrote him as a dumb strongman. I’d hate to see the same happen to Bane.

6. Randallw
    April 16, 2009 at 8:53 pm — Reply

When I saw It I thought “Bane is not 140lbs” but it would seem they’re going the weak guy hulks out route. Then he goes to 300lbs. Also I think the Joker rigged him up, although why the prison apparently had venom stored I don’t know. Yeah, they’ve lost the mastermind angle and now he’s just a level boss.