Dungeons and Dragons update

This issue: Rodrigo has the latest Player’s Handbook for the fourth version of Dungeons and Dragons, and explains all the new additions to the game.

[podcast]http://media.libsyn.com/media/majorspoilers/majorspoilers_89.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Podcast Alley

New classes, races, and other options for your D&D(R) game.

This book builds on the array of classes and races presented in the first Player’s Handbook(R), adding both old favorites and new, never-before-seen options to the game.

The book adds a new power source for 4th Edition D&D; classes using the new primal power source include the barbarian and the druid.

Player’s Handbook 2 expands the range of options available to D&D players with new classes, races, powers, and other material.

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Boom! Studios Announces Official Unofficial Spokesmen

Review: Batman Confidential #28

1. Izaak
    April 11, 2009 at 1:40 pm — Reply

You guys should do it. The Dungeons and Drangons podcast has done it a couple of times and it was pretty cool. I don’t really have a prefrance of audio or video because either way it’s bound to be enjoyable.

2. Vistapa
    April 11, 2009 at 1:55 pm — Reply

hola, ¿saben como me puedo subscribir al podcast usando Rhythmbox? (creo que acabo de ampliar su público a “usuarios de linux que hispano parlantes”)

pense en escribirles en inglés, pero me dio flojera, después de todo pueden pedirle a Rockdrigo que traduzca.

Saludos desde Veracruz

3. Vistapa
    April 11, 2009 at 2:24 pm — Reply

yeah i would love to! and if you can make it a videopodcast it’ll be awesome!!!

4. Propane
    April 11, 2009 at 5:19 pm — Reply

A Majour Spoilers D&D podcast sounds very interesting! Listen to the Penny Arcade D&D podcasts to hear how well it works out as just audio. Video might get prohibitively large for people to download and for you to host.
    To give a brief summary, the game has ‘roles.’ Defenders are the tanks, Strikers are the heavy hitters, Leaders are the healers (among other things) and Controllers apply status affects to large areas. That helps party balance and lets you play the kind of character you want to play.
    As a player, I would recommend you start playing at level 1, learning how it all works. Then, when you’re about level 5, look to recording it. Tip: Never split the party!
    The PHB2 was an excellent addition to the game, adding extra races and classes and feats, character backgrounds and a few other goodies. More importantly, they managed to keep it balanced! That’s quite an achievement.
    P.S. This episode was listed as episode 90 in iTunes.

5. Lifeisaglitch
    April 11, 2009 at 6:17 pm — Reply

Record from the start, i think that would be interesting for most listeners since the majority probably havent played it. (And the learning experience is an awesome thing to follow) It worked for the PVP/PA/Wesley Crusher podcast.

If you are a DND Vet you can always just pick it up later…I mean you will have to wait anyway.

ALL HAIL JIM DARKMAGIC!!!

6. Lifeisaglitch
    April 11, 2009 at 7:06 pm — Reply

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4pod/20090218 Inspiration!!!!

links to the 1st( of 8) episodes in the 2nd series (First series is with the PA gys and the PVP dude the 2nd series also includes Wesley Crusher)

7. Kirby
    April 11, 2009 at 10:04 pm — Reply

I say do it. It’ll give me a chance to see what a 4.0 game looks like, haven’t played seriously for like a year and that was 3.5.

8. April 12, 2009 at 12:03 am — Reply

Oh,hell yes! You guys should totally do a show for that. I don’t have a ton of D&D experience, but it’s always good fun once I get a game going. I would enjoy knowing how you guys get through a full game, marathon-style.

9. Nazz
    April 12, 2009 at 7:50 pm — Reply

Record it and I’ll listen. Also record the character creation for people who want to listen.

10. April 12, 2009 at 10:54 pm — Reply

Go for it! it would be quite awesome.

….if you are looking for any players to join ;)

11. Bob
    April 13, 2009 at 1:10 pm — Reply

I swear this podcast is jinxed – I’ve tried downloading it 3 times so far and failed on me each time. I’m going to keep trying though!

12. Morpheus
    April 13, 2009 at 5:16 pm — Reply

I think it would be a great idea. But, if you guys get me into this D&D stuff too, my wife might hunt you down and beat you all up. ;)

13. Backpfeifengesicht
    April 13, 2009 at 8:19 pm — Reply

where did the MSP #89 go?

14. Bob
    April 14, 2009 at 7:18 am — Reply

Bob the Barbarian says thee “Yay”! He wouldst most enjoy the bard’s tale of thy dungeon crawl!

15. April 15, 2009 at 2:03 pm — Reply

D&D: Put it on iTunes and I’ll listen, character creation too, because I haven’t really played since 3rd Edition and need a bit of a refresher. :)

16. Callum
    May 26, 2009 at 1:06 am — Reply

Sounds good guys.

I look forward to hearing this.

Callum.