smurfspoll.jpg

This week it is a battle of the three apple high creatures that constantly foil their full sized foe.  Who will win the battle between the blue Peyo creations, the Smurfs, and the Belgian knock-offs the Snorks?

FIGHT!

Smurf v. Snork

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Be sure to check out the next Major Spoilers Podcast to see who the Major Spoilers Crew picks to win.

oh, and let’s not forget… PPPPPoooooooooooollllllll.

Marvel Comics for June 2009

Top Cow Comics for June 2009

1. March 24, 2009 at 12:57 pm — Reply

I went with the Snorks….here’s why:

I know the Smurfs are more popular and the Snorks are pretty much Smurf rip offs, but I have to think that the Snorks live underwater and there’s a chance they could survive on land…given their ability to stay underwater and not need to surface for air…Smurfs drown in the battle. (It was a fight right?)

2. Lifeisaglitch
    March 24, 2009 at 1:04 pm — Reply

Why would they be able to survive on land…

Oh an you guys should do a pole poll (Not dirty) Robin VS Gambit!

3. hermit
    March 24, 2009 at 1:12 pm — Reply

smurf, because it is my whole childhood. and now that i’m an adult i can see all the sexual deviantry of the whole thing. (thanks robot chicken, you ruined my childhood)

4. Ricco
    March 24, 2009 at 1:27 pm — Reply

Smurfs, because they don’t breath through a phallic appendage on top of their heads…

5. Kirby
    March 24, 2009 at 2:02 pm — Reply

Snorks, I clearly remember them surving on land for a good period of time. And if there’s a body of water, the Snorks could drag the Smurfs down to a watery grave while they breath normally.

6. March 24, 2009 at 2:39 pm — Reply

I’m going to have to go with smurfs. With all of the sexual frustration that they have to be suffering from they have to be on the verge of snapping all of the time. The Snorks would be on the losing end of YEARS of pent up rage and aggression. It would be a massacre.

7. March 24, 2009 at 3:08 pm — Reply

WTF is all about the Smurf great poll this week guys.

8. March 24, 2009 at 3:22 pm — Reply

I have to go with the Smurfs because they ranked in as my worst 80s Cartoon Movie Pitch over on Cardboard Monocle.

Here’s a sample:

“Smurfette is stunned to learn from Brainy Smurf that juice of the Smurfberries is the only substance keeping the all male Smurfs’ sexual urges at bay. That if there were ever a shortage of the Smurfalicious fruit, there would be sexually crazed chaos. Naturally, the nefarious Gargamel is eavesdropping. Gargamel proceeds to burn the entire supply of Smurfberries, but quickly realizes that he has made a mistake. It seems that sexually insane Smurfs have increased strength and are not gender or species specific, leaving Gargamel and Azrael to be sexually assaulted by a mob of Smurfs…”

9. March 24, 2009 at 8:32 pm — Reply

The Smurfs ARE belgian. Just thought I’d clear that one out, being belgian and all…

10. Randallw
    March 25, 2009 at 5:31 am — Reply

I’ve never seen these Snorks but I was reading on the TV tropes site that they’re basically political refugees that left the Smurf village to live under water rather than be subject to the Communist society the Smurfs have.

11. Night Marshal
    March 25, 2009 at 11:02 am — Reply

Snorks because Smurfs are commies.

12. crood
    March 25, 2009 at 1:07 pm — Reply

The Snorks, because back in the day you could actually ignore their annoying existence.

13. EdS
    April 19, 2009 at 6:00 pm — Reply

I just listened to the discussion of Smurfs vs. Snorks, and I laughed out loud.