daredevil500_coverspread_final1_low

During his weekly, MyCup o’ Joe!, Marvel EIC Joe Quesada confirmed that Andy Diggle will indeed take over the writing duties of Daredevil beginning with issue #501, which is expected to be released late summer/early fall.

I think Andy really showed us something when he took over Thunderbolts.
He has a certain feel, a certain “bite” to his stories, and he just writes tremendous, tremendous villains.
He writes mean characters! [laughs] And there’s something there that resonated with all of us in editorial, where we just thought he could write the piss out of Daredevil.

Check out more of Joe’s comments about Diggle, and the history of Daredevil (and more), at the MySpace Comic Books page.

via Marvel

DST Offers Classic Trek Figures in April

Heroes

1. March 23, 2009 at 11:27 am — Reply

I wonder who the artist will be. I assume that Lark and Gaudiano will want to move on as well. Clay Mann would be a good fit for Daredevil. He’s already done an issue or two of the main series, and I believe he’s working on the DR: Elektra miniseries at the moment. Could be that that project was to serve as a “feet-wetting” exercise.

2. The Dude
    March 23, 2009 at 12:07 pm — Reply

I was hoping Jason Aaron was next in line to write Daredevil, but I’m more than happy with Diggle. Daredevil’s my Marvel book that I’ll never drop, so I hope he can maintain the goodness that was Bendis and Brubaker’s runs.

As for who the artist is – my money is on the guy who drew the “Blood of the Tarantula” one-shot back in April of last year (I forgot his name). But would it be too much to ask for Jock?

3. hermit
    March 23, 2009 at 12:59 pm — Reply

diggle is a really great writer. i loved his series called Losers that he did for vertigo, i think, a while back. you guys need to read it.

4. Gaumer
    March 23, 2009 at 1:51 pm — Reply

I take it that DD is getting the number do-over a la Thor? I believe Hulk is going the same way

This trend blows

The zero rule: for every zero (0) in the issue number they add 1 dollar to the price.

5. The Dude
    March 23, 2009 at 3:30 pm — Reply

So are Daredevil and Captain America going to $3.99 after the re-numbering like Thor did?

Oh, and I’m calling BS on Marvel’s re-numbering gimmick. To me, they’re trying to have it both ways, and I think it’s lame. Effective, but lame.

6. Jim
    March 23, 2009 at 6:05 pm — Reply

I’m sad to see Bru go. The first issue of the “Return of the King” arc has got to be one of the best single issues of a mainstream comic I’ve read in a long, long time. I’m not personally familiar with Diggle, but it sounds like he might be up to the task. I would love it if they could get David Aja on this book. There’s already been a fair amount of Iron Fist crossover on DD, so that would be appropriate.