According to Production Weekly’s Twitter feed, Warner Bros. has set up shop in Australia to begin filming the Green Lantern movie in September.

Each sector of space is protected by a Green Lantern, possessing a power ring that uses a powerful green energy to do anything within the  limits of the user’s imagination and will power. When the Green Lantern assigned to this sector of space finds himself dying on planet Earth, he  tells the ring to find a suitable successor. The chosen replacement, hot-shot test pilot Hal Jordan, stumbles upon a crashed alien aircraft, he absorbs the aliens’ powers and finds himself pitted against foes with equally powerful supernatural powers.

The Martin Campbell directed movie has a scheduled release date of December 17, 2010.

via Production Weekly and Superhero Hype

Five Dragonball Evolution Spots

Super Capers Trailer

1. The Dude
    March 19, 2009 at 10:48 am — Reply

I am so looking forward to this film. Hopefully they’ll get the right actor to play Hal. And by right actor, I mean anyone other than Ryan Gosling.

2. March 19, 2009 at 11:01 am — Reply

Is this a live action version?

3. March 19, 2009 at 11:03 am — Reply

4. March 19, 2009 at 11:28 am — Reply

I have never been a big Green Lantern fan, mostly because I’m not familiar with his backstory and origin because I don’t have the time and $ to track down a zillion back issues and trades. Although I am a very big fan of comic book hero movie adaptions so maybe it’s time to become a fan??

5. March 19, 2009 at 11:30 am — Reply

Robbie: If you want to read some silver age Green Lantern stories, then I recommend DC’s Showcase editions. They are super cheap ($9.95) for 500 pages of black and white stories.

6. Graciela
    March 19, 2009 at 12:15 pm — Reply

I’m sad that Gosling turned it down. He was my choice. But oh well, I’ll settle for anyone but Shia Leboeuf. I know he’s not in the running but he manages to get into every movie when hollywood needs a young go-to guy.

7. Kirby
    March 19, 2009 at 6:07 pm — Reply

This will hopefully be awesome. However based on internet rumors, it cannot live up to my expectations with cames of Guy Gardner, Clark Kent, and Alan Scott.

8. Rob
    March 23, 2009 at 10:08 am — Reply

Staying skeptical one this one, heard a FL move is coming on and off for the past 10 years (reminds me of Duke Nukem forever). I will believe it when I see it actual trailers. would be cool if they went with the Secret Origins story.