watchmenchaching.jpg

Variety is reporting the midnight showings of the Watchmen have already grossed the film $4.6 million.  The film opens in 3,611 theaters across the rest of the country today (now, depending on your time zone, or a couple of weeks ago if you are one of those that stumble into this site from some point in the future).

“300” grossed $70.9 million in its opening weekend in early March 2006. Box observers believe “Watchmen” will beat that number, despite its lengthy running time of 2:40.

Will 100% of the Major Spoilers Legion be seeing the movie this weekend?

via Variety

Smallville a Go for Season 9 -- Zatanna Pictures, Too

Shadowline All Girl Comics Coming in May

1. Josh P.
    March 6, 2009 at 12:03 pm — Reply

Already have my tickets. As long as I’m enetertained, I’m good.

2. Jacin B.
    March 6, 2009 at 12:08 pm — Reply

Nope, not I. I’m going to see it, just not this weekend.

3. March 6, 2009 at 12:14 pm — Reply

Jacin: Avoiding the crowds or other commitments? I can’t go until Sunday because of other commitments, and unless i get some other things off my plate today, I won’t be seeing it until next weekend.

4. March 6, 2009 at 1:14 pm — Reply

I fed that beast. I went to a midnight showing, not with tons of geeks, though there were a few, but lots of hipsters, lots. I don’t think I’ve ever been to a midnight showing with that type of crowd. It was interesting.

5. Gaumer
    March 6, 2009 at 1:24 pm — Reply

Monday matinee maybe

6. nu
    March 6, 2009 at 2:24 pm — Reply

i was there last night for the midnight showing. it was great. my only complaint is that i saw more dick in that movie than i ever cared to see.

however it is neat how clothing represents dr manhattan’s humanity. the more clothes he has on, the more human like he acts, the less clothes he has on, the more he is disconnected from society and god like

7. Ok
    March 6, 2009 at 3:23 pm — Reply

Wahhhh wahhh. I have to wait until next weekend. 2 kids, no babysitter, and wife wants to see it too. Damn it all- why’d I have to marry a woman who also liked Watchmen????

8. March 6, 2009 at 3:59 pm — Reply

Already saw it on Wednesday in the special premiere. (Europe rules! ;) )

9. March 6, 2009 at 5:00 pm — Reply

Mrs. Otter actually likes the GN, so this is one comic book movie we get to see. Going tomorrow.

10. Lifeisaglitch
    March 6, 2009 at 5:41 pm — Reply

Premiers in Denmark the 20th…..Until then i hate you all!

11. March 6, 2009 at 5:55 pm — Reply

I see it on saturday with some friends. Thankfully I already bought my tickets. I do not want to be a victim of the over populated line mob this weekend

12. Damascus
    March 6, 2009 at 11:16 pm — Reply

I saw it at a midnight showing on Thursday. The movie was awesome in my opinion, I felt like they stayed true with an aweful lot of the story. Yes, I know that parts were left out, but honestly how long did anyone want to sit in a hot crowded theater. I felt bad for the little asian guy who painted himself blue with a blue skincap and everything, or maybe I feel worse for the chair he sat in; not sure really. Granted, at least he kept his dong under wraps. Everyone else will bemoan different omissions from the source material, but my small complaint is the almost utter lack of screen time for everyone’s pals at the street corner newspaper stand. I liked those scenes in the book, I felt like it helped tie everything to the “everyman,” kept it grounded in a realistic world. While I really enjoyed it, my wife on the other hand, not so much. It’s definitely not going to be a movie for everyone and certainly not for kids. Last but not least, I want that blue tiger!

13. Hitman Sam
    March 7, 2009 at 8:52 am — Reply

Saw it Thursday night. It was pretty good. The movie was as close to the comic as it could get and still attract the non- reader audience, I think. I understand why they cut out all the “everyman” scenes with the Bernards, but I wish they didn’t. Oh, well. It’ll probably all be in the 6- huor Dirctor’s Cut DVD.

However, there was WAY too much of Dr. Manhattan’s blue dangly bits for my liking.