Review: Conan The Cimmerian #8

Image Comics and Celebrity Apprentice This Sunday

1. steviecool
    March 5, 2009 at 8:39 am — Reply

I remember making fun of this style of “animation” on the japanese cartoons. Plus the constant shifting here? I guess I need to be ADD to appreciate it.

That said, if this was full animation it would be awesome – better than Ultimate Avengers, I think. The acoustic portion rocks.

2. hermit
    March 5, 2009 at 8:46 am — Reply

i like watchmen motion comic. i think it’s a nice way to go through the comic fast. of course, reading the actual comic is better. i don’t know if i want to watch astonishing x-men though

3. OrderSol
    March 5, 2009 at 9:13 am — Reply

Sigh….motion comics. I understand the benefits of motion comics I just hope it doesn’t permanently replace print comics in the future.

4. Creep
    March 5, 2009 at 9:37 am — Reply

I think it’s fun…nothing spectacular, but funny…the voices are cool..remembers me on that Freedom Force game…

5. March 5, 2009 at 11:32 am — Reply

I like this sort of stuff, but I can’t quite get past the horrid acting job.

6. Gaumer
    March 5, 2009 at 12:35 pm — Reply

I dont see why they would make these.

By ‘motion’ they mean camera panning and a little light effects? Stoopid

And the acting IS crappy. Like ’80s after school special horrible.

All i want to do is read a freaking comic book.

7. March 5, 2009 at 3:29 pm — Reply

It’s a good quick way to get caught up if your not in a position to read the issues, but it will never take the place of the print copy appeal in my opinion.

8. March 5, 2009 at 4:51 pm — Reply

First ‘motion comics’ aren’t comics, they’re limited animation. Second, I had to stop watching at about the 1:30 mark, because I was about to put a fist through my monitor.

I think I could repeat the effect by having someone read the comic aloud to me and move the pages rapidly back and forth in front of my face.

Ugh.

9. MaryCherry
    March 5, 2009 at 6:08 pm — Reply

Shouldn’t Emma have had a Boston accent?

10. Brother129
    March 5, 2009 at 6:15 pm — Reply

Golly…I actually kind of enjoyed it. I think it was hearing the Whedon dialogue out loud is what hooked me…

11. March 5, 2009 at 7:15 pm — Reply

Yes, Emma’s voice was troubling. It almost sounded like the same actress played Kitty, Emma and that little girl in the beginning.

These motion comics completely suck the soul out of the story.

12. hermit
    March 5, 2009 at 7:21 pm — Reply

finally saw the video. watchmen was better in term of production. the same guy doing all the voices was working very well and the animation was better and served the comic better.

but that’s just me.

13. March 5, 2009 at 8:03 pm — Reply

Wow. I try not to be negative a lot of the time, but this has got to be the dumbest $#!% I’ve ever seen. Is the industry seriously trying to push “motion comics” as being the future of the medium?

My God.

14. port
    March 21, 2009 at 2:00 am — Reply

how come the trailer looked so much cooler than this? The watchmen motion comics had actual animation this is is just moving the pictures back and forth, lame

15. Andrew
    April 29, 2009 at 2:54 pm — Reply

Yeah this isn’t even the real thing. The actual trailer shows lips moving and etc.

You guys saw the trailer right? You expect that big a difference?