convention.jpg

The New York Comic Con kicked off the 2009 comic book convention season, and was a big success selling out most of the days of the show.  With many more conventions ahead of us, this week we as the all important question about you and the con.

Will You Attend Any Comic Book Conventions in 2009?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Top Cow Sneak Peek of the Week

Review: Black Lightning: Year One #3

1. Gaumer
    February 10, 2009 at 2:44 pm — Reply

I voted ‘Depends on Economy’ which really mean ‘Depends on MY Economy’ :)

I’d go to them all if I had the money.

2. morpheus11
    February 10, 2009 at 2:52 pm — Reply

There is only 1 convention that I would go to and that is the one here in KC next month. But, I haven’t really decided if I am going or not yet.

• February 10, 2009 at 3:25 pm — Reply

Morpheus: I’m also planning on going to the Planet Comic Con in KC in March. Right now, I’m trying to decide if there will be a Major Spoiler presence or just a goofy guy running around looking to fill my back issues.

3. February 10, 2009 at 3:20 pm — Reply

I’ll definitely be heading to Wizard World Philly again this year, and more than likely will be attending Baltimore as well. I get discount tickets through my LCS for both, and even if I don’t spend gobs of money it’s still a good time.

4. Lifeisaglitch
    February 10, 2009 at 3:49 pm — Reply

Not a lot of convention here in Scandinavia, but i will have to do a roadtrip/slice of americana/geek pilgrimage thing in a couple fo years.

Comic Con and PAX are events on the top of my list.

5. ~wyntermute~
    February 10, 2009 at 4:10 pm — Reply

Eastern Canada is probably about as convention-bare as Scandinavia, so I voted for the “no” kitty-face. By the way, those kitties are cute! Er, I meant to say… meh, kitties are cute. I am comfortable admitting that.

6. Ed
    February 10, 2009 at 4:24 pm — Reply

I am attending the local convention here in Charleston SC. Big up to Captain’s Comics!!!

7. February 10, 2009 at 4:51 pm — Reply

I will, as usual, be attending Heroes Con this summer. Its only a little over an hour away from me and it is by far the best con if you’re a huge art fan. Very laid back and has both big names and indie guys (my preference) alike. I highly recommend that if its a possibility for you, you should go to this con. Even though its not a comic only convention, I’ll also be attending DragonCon for the third year in a row.

8. Josh P.
    February 10, 2009 at 5:22 pm — Reply

I’ll be going to a handfull of local New England shows.

I’ve actually noticed there are fewer shows scheduled this year in my neck of the woods.

9. hermit
    February 10, 2009 at 6:47 pm — Reply

wish i could, but there’s none close by.

10. ykw
    February 10, 2009 at 11:16 pm — Reply

I’ve said it many times before in many places: I just don’t do conventions. Even living within a mile of the site of the Phoenix Comicon for several years (and having been offered passes twice), the memory of the stench and the crowds and the general chaos from my handful of times in my ‘tween years attending cons in L.A. (couple times at the old Ambassador Hotel cons, and one Creation con) was enough to put me off the notion entirely.

I’ll say this, though: if the economy is bad enough to chase away a large portion of the more marginal and more hygienically-challenged sorts, I might be persuaded to do the local bit. But I’d never even consider a horror like NYC or SD. (And I doubt it’ll be =that= bad; if it were, they’d prolly just cancel the thing and be done with it.)

11. February 11, 2009 at 12:49 pm — Reply

The only reason I’m not visiting any CBC’s, is because of geography. I live in Estonia….theres absolutely nothing around here to do with Comics.

12. February 11, 2009 at 4:24 pm — Reply

Well, the only convention that comes near me is Wizard World Philly, and that one depends entirely on the guest list (which, so far, has one person of note according to the website). If there’s a guest I really want to see, then I’d find the money and cope with the shorn gorillas that Wizard hires for “event staff”. It’s why I wish there was a fourth option for “Depends on the line-up”.