Here’s our bullet list of items from the Marvel panels held on Saturday at the New York Comic Con.Â The fate of Ultimate Spider-Man and the rest of the Ultimate Universe is revealed after the jump.
- The final issue of Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine is being drawn right now, and will feature the debut of Ultimate She-Hulk.
- Ultimate Spider-Man is indeed being canceled.
Before you get too worked up, it is all a plan by Marvel to rebrand the entire Ultimate Universe into a new series called Ultimate Comics, which will feature of all things, Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man.
- Stuart Immonen is being replaced by David LaFuente as the new artist.
- Immonen will be taking over as artist for New Avengers with issue #55
- There will be a time jump following Ultimatum, and with new characters being introduced, this looks to be Marvel’s way of rebooting the universe.
- Peter Parker may not be the guy under the mask.
- There will be four Ultimate Comics titles:
Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man (Brian Michael Bendis and David LaFuente)
Ultimate Comics: Avengers (Mark Millar and Carlos Pacheco)
Ultimate Comics: New Ultimates (Jeph Loeb and David Finch)
- The other one has not yet been announced, but we know it will not be an X-Men series.
Black Panther News
- Even though Black Panther #1 arrived this week, it will be a while before we find out who she is.Â My money’s on Sue Storm.
- Doctor Doom and Namor will make appearances in Black Panther soon, adding more credibility to my Sue Storm prediction.
- The Black Panther animated series for BET is still a go with Djimon Hounsou providing the voice of T’Challa.
- Kerry Washington , Alfre Woodard, and Stan Lee are also doing voices for the series.
- The first season will only be eight episodes.
Other News of Note
- Jessica Jones will be part of the New Avengers
- Powers stories are being stockpiled until at least six issues are ready to be released.
- Peter David and Fred Van Lente will write two new Halo series.
The Marvel Digital Comics panel is later today, and we’ll have an update on that when it concludes.