Yup, it’s another rapid-fire roundup of news from the New York Comic Con. This time Dark Horse takes the spotlight with new of Goon and Star Wars.
Star Wars News
- Dark Horse has announced the fifth book in the Star Wars line will be Star Wars: Invasion
- Two web comics will lead readers to the print series arriving in July.
- The story takes place 25 years after the Battle of Yavin.
- in an interview with Comic Book Resources, Tom Taylor outlines the series:
A galaxy far, far away is about to get some very unwelcome visitors. Twenty-five years after the Battle of Yavin, an armada of technology-hating, pain-loving freaks called the Yuuzhan Vong arrives at the edge of the galaxy. Their aim is to take the galaxy as their own. One of the first planets they attack is Artorias, a peace-loving planet with no defenses. Picture a T-Rex attacking a kitten. The planet is destroyed and the people are evacuated, enslaved, or killed.
- Our focus is on one family, a special family, who are torn apart by the destruction of their homeworld. These refugees become our main characters. Young Finn Galfridian will be set on the Jedi path by Luke Skywalker. Things donâ€™t go so well for the rest of the family.
- Luke Skywalker appears in the series
- This year marks the 10th anniversary for Eric Powell’s The Goon.Â The 10th anniversary cover will be a recreation of the first cover from 1998
- There will be three trade paperbacks released this year that will collect the 2008 run.
- There will be a Buffy the Vampire Slayer side project released in June called Tales of the Slayer.Â It will be written by Becky Cloonan, with covers by Gabriel Ba and Fabio Moon.
- Dark Horse will reprint The Amazon series that originally hit shelves in the 1980’s from Comico.
- Beanworld will be collected into three trades this year, with a brand new fourth trade on the way.
- Harvey Kurtzman’s Trump magazine will be collected into trade.
- Joe LInser is the permanent Conan the Cimmerian cover artist.
- A new Kull mini-series will arrive in 2010.
- A new Solomon Kane series is in the works as well.Â The Solomon Kane collected trade will feature a pulp style cover by Mike Mignola.
- Expect a break between issues #4 and #5 of the Hellboy: Wild Hunt series.
- Werewolves on the Moon: vs. Vampires will debut in June.Â Don’t ask…
- Dark Horse has teamed with Real Art Studios to take the covers from old pulp magazines and turn them into comics and stories.
- No new Serenity issues or stories will be produced until Joss Whedon has more time.