Image Comics Sneak Peek of the Week

Top Cow Announces NYCC'09 Schedule

1. hermit
    February 2, 2009 at 9:17 am — Reply

this is me in a foetal position while my childhood is being raped… again.

2. February 2, 2009 at 9:22 am — Reply

You suck. I didn’t like the doll as a kid and both the revamped toys and the various comics left me cold. Thanks to this trailer, which I’d never seen before thanks to watching few movies, I’m probably going to go see it.

You owe me big time…

3. Brother129
    February 2, 2009 at 12:02 pm — Reply

Can I propse a new MS rule? Can we not use the overly strong metaphor of “rape” to describe the feeling we get when somebody reinterprets something we loved as a child? I’m a die-hard G.I. Joe fan, and I cannot wait to see this film. Even if it does suck. I’ve watched that silly trailer 10 times already. Also, why do we pretend that the stuff we liked as kids wasn’t cheesy? Seriously, have you bothered to re-watch a G.I. Joe cartoon lately?

4. Lifeisaglitch
    February 2, 2009 at 12:35 pm — Reply

@Brother

Its an internet meme..Usually followed up by a comment like: “Oh it was begging for it wearing those boots and those fishnet stockings” or “Your childhood doesnt have an anus, and this movie doesnt have a creepy uncles penis.”

We just follow the words of the internet gods…Though i cant help but sympathize with your opinion..unfortunately (or fortunately) this isnt an MS thing…though you are most likely aware of that.

5. hermit
    February 2, 2009 at 12:40 pm — Reply

who’s pretending it was not cheezy. it was and that’s how i liked it. but just the costume look aweful. i get it that they couldn’t use the exact same outfit as the original dolls, but come on, they look ridiculous.

6. Gaumer
    February 2, 2009 at 3:09 pm — Reply

I agree with everyone

I feel like my childhood is being…ummm, violated, but it’s cheesy goodness looks ‘not bad’.

And maybe I’ll be able to take my kid. That’s really what I want.

7. February 2, 2009 at 3:34 pm — Reply

Brother129 and Lifeisaglitch: If you don’t like the Raping of the Childhood meme, you’re not going to want to listen to a bonus Major Spoilers Podcast episode we recorded a couple of weeks ago :O

8. Lifeisaglitch
    February 2, 2009 at 4:47 pm — Reply

Oh i may not approve but i will still laugh if used correctly…Also why i read Deadpool… nutin funny about murder…unless its done dressed in a Mascot suit.

9. AnthSand the Falcon
    February 2, 2009 at 5:01 pm — Reply

I’ll take some mustard and mayo with that cheese. With the electric guitar rifts and the over-the-top action feats, it looks like a cool movie. But you have to understand where I’m coming from: I don’t expect anything anymore from comicbook movie adaptations. It’s a defense mechanism, but it keeps me from being disappointed. If I can get a few “Wow!” and “That’s cool!” statements out, I’m good.

10. MaximusRift
    February 2, 2009 at 7:50 pm — Reply

I think people need to take off their rose-colored glasses and see their childhood for the nasty whore is was. :p

11. frankie
    February 2, 2009 at 9:13 pm — Reply

I never cared to much for g.i. joe …so I wont get caught up in how they should have made it or how much “vision” they put into the movie.

12. Brother129
    February 2, 2009 at 10:04 pm — Reply

Stephen: too late:)

13. Modok
    February 3, 2009 at 8:20 am — Reply

I’m looking forward to this movie. The action scenes look like they have a bit of Anime flair to them. I like that. I just hope it’s not full of political crap.