watchmenmotioncomic.jpg

If you were intrigued by DC/Warner Bros. Watchmen motion comic adaptation, but didn’t commit to purchasing the entire 12 part saga via iTunes, you can wait just a tad longer and get the entire series (5 hours worth) on Blu-Ray and DVD on March 3, 2009.

Included in the DVD is a $7.50 in movie cash to apply to the purchase of your movie ticket, as if you needed any additional incentive to see the movie when it opens March 6, 2009.

via Warner Home Video

The Dark Knight IMAX Schedule Released

What's Freddie Williams II Up To?

1. hermit
    January 23, 2009 at 12:54 pm — Reply

maybe if it’s under 15$ i’ll buy it. the motion comic idea is not bad. only problem, its the same guy doing all the voices, even females. it’s kinda weird. it’s like an audio book if you like.

2. Brian McQueary
    January 23, 2009 at 1:45 pm — Reply

I agree, Hermit. I don’t mind if a talented voice actor does several voices on a project, but when this guy attempted to do female voices it sounded like a horrid book on tape experience!

3. hermit
    January 23, 2009 at 1:47 pm — Reply

actually i didn’t mind that he was doing all the male voices, but when it came to female it was beyond weird.

4. Graciela
    January 23, 2009 at 2:23 pm — Reply

I’ve got a season pass to the iTunes version and at first the female voices threw me off but it’s really grown on me. Being a female with a less than highly registered octave, I could believe it. And his attitude and acting as a female was pretty good IMHO. The way he says “…things are tough all over, cupcake…” is probably his best moment.

5. January 23, 2009 at 4:05 pm — Reply

A “motion comic”? I’m sorry, but isn’t that called “animation”?

6. hermit
    January 23, 2009 at 4:08 pm — Reply

obviously you haven’t watched the thing. it is actually the comic, in motion

7. Armin
    February 25, 2009 at 3:17 am — Reply

I remember seeing re-runs of the old Thor 60ties “Motion Comics” on TV when I was a kid, and I remember feeling both “that’s weird and it looks cheap” and “that’s a cool way to do it”. Fast forward from age 11 to age 29 – same thing. I somewhat like the concept of a hybrid between an Audiobook, Comic and Animation, it’s something that, while being an old idea, feels kinda fresh to me.

I watched the entire run of the Watchmen MoComs, and it’s an experience very different from reading the book, different enough that I’d let them double-dip me on them. That plus, it’s a great way to “read” a comic on the train, at least while there’s no color Ebook device.

However, I have two things I’d like to see them change:
    A) Even though I’m quite used to listen to novels being narrated by one person I’d like them to at least try to use a real cast to do the voices. There are more than enough unemployed actors in LA, can’t be that expensive, and it might add to the experience. Think Big Finish Doctor Who stories.
    B) LESS motion would be cooler. Not everything in these panels HAS to move, don’t try to BE animation, be SOMETHING ELSE on purpose, and proudly at that!