Major Spoilers Podcast Goats and Gods of 2008 best and worst of 2008

Now entering the ring, at a combined weight of 745 pounds… The Best of the Year 2008! And their opponents… The reigning tag team champions of the world! Standing 7 foot 2 inches tall, from Bethlehem, Pennsylvania… The WORST of 2008! This match with be five falls with a 1 hour 30 minute time limit, and Stephen will certainly interrupt me any time I drift near a point… For the three schmucks in attendance, and the thousands listening at home… THE MAJOR SPOILERS PODCAST BRINGS YOU THE GOATS AND GODS OF 2008!

[podcast]http://media.libsyn.com/media/majorspoilers/majorspoilers_71.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Podcast Alley

Show Notes after the Jump!

MAJOR SPOILERS POLL OF THE WEEK
It’s a theme we just can’t stop talking about at Major Spoilers; which robot would win when pitted against another robot foe. This week we take two cuties and put them in the Robot Arena of Death to see who will live and who will join the junk heap. In one corner, the cute and loveable Twiki from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century television series, while in the other corner, is that cute, loveable robot from Disney’s Wall-E.
A) Twiki
B) Wall-E

The best and the worst of 2008 as it pertains to all things pop culture are discussed in this week’s show.

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Music from this episode comes from Armin Brewer (intro) and James Kennison (closing) from the Nobody’s Listening Podcast. A big thanks to both of these guys for creating kick-ass music for the show!

Review: Superman #683

Tron Finds Leading Man

1. hermit
    January 7, 2009 at 8:17 am — Reply

you cut my comments!!!! how dare you?!?!?!?

but anyway, great list, a lot of stuff to read or to avoid. but i just ordered 5 books of the complete peanuts so i have my hands full at the moment

2. Ricco
    January 7, 2009 at 11:09 am — Reply

The worst thing was easely Larry Stroman becoming the artist for X-Factor, it killed the best comic Marvel had. When the regular artist came back I sighed a sigh of relief, but then Stroman came back and puked all over that hope. I actually threw away my issues with Stroman and untill he goes away I’m not buying any more X-Factor books. Which sucks since Layla Miller is one of the best X-People character ever made…

3. January 7, 2009 at 3:08 pm — Reply

BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

You guys had me cracking up. It seems like the podcast is getting better every episode. Great job, fellas!

4. January 7, 2009 at 3:09 pm — Reply

Oh, and I totally agree about the ending to Y: The Last Man. Just spot-on perfect characterization there. God, I miss that book.

5. cory
    January 7, 2009 at 4:09 pm — Reply

Matthew should do more voices – especially in the service of making fun of Stephen.

6. Lifeisaglitch
    January 7, 2009 at 5:51 pm — Reply

Fun. fun phuun! All the way you really had me cracking up at ghost-pope!
    And yes Secret Six is a quality series.

7. January 7, 2009 at 8:17 pm — Reply

The Pearl Jam album was NOT STUCK in the car, it was there by choice. Not only did it nearly lead to his divorce, I was nearly forced to kill him as well…

8. January 7, 2009 at 11:55 pm — Reply

Great way to start off 2009 guys. I loved the part where I talked. :D

9. Mike
    January 9, 2009 at 6:55 pm — Reply

Hey MSP guys, enjoyed (most of) the show.

BUT, I’ve heard this many times and I know this defense has been uttered just as many, however, no one has ever, ever, ever made me buy a comic book. I wish you would stop saying a company made me buy something. You must try harder to resist their mind-control powers.

Seriously. Have you guys never visited this wonderful website called Wikipedia? Do you guys not have comic shops that allow browsing in case you hear about a cool image?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions…well, you just make me sad.

• January 9, 2009 at 7:46 pm — Reply

If you answered yes to any of the above questions…well, you just make me sad.

I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about, sir…