01picon.jpg

Apparently, Marvel is giving its assistant editors a chance to shine in April with the Marvel Assistant-Sized Spectacular #1.  It’s not just a single issue, as the fun(?), action (?), adventure (?), heck whatever their planning, spills into a second issue also released in April.

You can check out the covers directly from Marvel, after the jump.

MARVEL ASSISTANT-SIZED SPECTACULAR #1 & 2 (OF 2)
Written by CHRIS ELIOPOULOS, JASON AARON, CHRIS YOST, CHRIS GIARRUSSO, ADAM WARREN, WYATT CENAC & BRIAN PATCHETT
Art by JACOB CHABOT, RICHARD ISANOVE, JOH JAMES, CHRIS GIARRUSSO, TODD NAUCK & XURXO PENALTA
Cover by DAVID WILLIAMS

MarvelAssistantEditorsOneShot_01.jpg

MarvelAssistantEditorsOneShot_02.jpg

You guessed it, both issues have a $3.99 price tag.

via Marvel

Tron Finds Leading Man

Japanese Watchmen Trailer Features Nixon, Kennedy, and Castro

1. January 7, 2009 at 9:45 am — Reply

Yeah, the $3.99 price tag pretty much guarantees that I won’t be picking it up.

2. Bazor
    January 7, 2009 at 10:36 am — Reply

I’m old enough to remember the original assistant editor’s month from back in the eighties. I’ll definitely be looking out for this one.

3. Salieri
    January 7, 2009 at 11:21 am — Reply

Waittt…Wyatt Cenac? As in, Wyatt “Brilliant Comedian/Actor/Reporter On The Hit Daily Show” Cenac? Did I…miss something, or is this connection to Marvel another thing that Wyatt has in common with Stephen Colbert?

4. Lifeisaglitch
    January 7, 2009 at 12:40 pm — Reply

@Salieri

O_O it all makes sense now…NO nothing on his own page or wikipedia…But still he is a writer. MUst be him how many Wyatt Cenacs are there who are comedic writers.

5. Dave
    January 7, 2009 at 8:21 pm — Reply

Yeah, I still own the Assistant Editors Month issue of the Avengers where they appear on “Late Night with David Letterman” – god almighty, that piece of shit couldn’t provide a single unit of pleasure if I folded all its pages into oragami swans. Hell, I have almost all the issues published that month, and all I remember was dreck. John Byrne appearing in Fantastic Four to testify in the “Trial of Reed Richards” Gag me with a copy of Teen Titans any day. :)

6. Randallw
    January 7, 2009 at 10:14 pm — Reply

I’m vaguely interested to see Ella Bloodstone. At least I think it’s Ella Bloodstone. Perhaps someone will try to use Nextwave.