What can be learned from the back cover of the upcoming Wonder Woman animated movie DVD?

wonderwomancover.jpg

a) Wonder Woman has a nice butt

b) Ares looks like Christopher Lambert

c) Steve Trevor is a cocky fighter pilot

d) The next animated DVD from Warner Home Video will be Green Lantern.

via World’s Finest

New Watchmen Featurette

Dark Horse Comics for April 2009

1. Dr. Bolty
    January 7, 2009 at 9:27 pm — Reply

Woo, a Green Lantern movie…commence debate as to which GL they will choose. John Stewart is actually the most recognizable at this point, and I am kinda sick of seeing Hal Jordan’s origin done over and over again.

2. Chill
    January 7, 2009 at 10:34 pm — Reply

Are you crazy dude, John Stewart has been done to death already. I’m hoping for Hal, or better yet, Kyle. Hell, even Guy would be awesome to see.

3. Ed
    January 8, 2009 at 8:28 am — Reply

I am hoping for it to be Hal focused. I wonder if they will do the Sinestro Corps War? But would it not be totally cool if they had Alan Scott in it?

4. Dr. Bolty
    January 8, 2009 at 1:01 pm — Reply

Didn’t say I *wanted* it to be Stewart, just that he’s the most well-known GL by far in my experience. Every non-comics fan I talk to seems to know GL as the black guy on Justice League. This could easily affect whether or not he gets picked for movie treatment.

5. Brent
    January 8, 2009 at 4:45 pm — Reply

@ Dr. Bolty, though the non comics audience recognizes John Stewart as a GL, the concept of “the black guy” by definition relegates him to a supporting (albeit recognized) bit player. No way in heck would they finance a movie, animated or otherwise, with John Stewart as the lead protagonist. Too many consumers will see his face on the DVD box and assume the movie is “not meant for” them to enjoy.

But if John Stewart featured for even just one frame…he better not have that played out, 1987, Yo MTV Raps, non-blended, excuse for a haircut.

6. Haljordanist
    February 2, 2009 at 2:09 pm — Reply

Hal Jordan IS Green Lantern. I mean, how much animated Hal Jordan have we seen? … Other than Superfriends/Super Powers? Not much!

I think if it were a story that took place after Hal’s origin it would be much more interesting. There is a lot of room to explore his history. I wouldn’t want it to go into anything major that happened in the comics though. I would want it to be a separate adventure in and of itself.

-J

7. rawrockkills
    February 8, 2009 at 11:39 pm — Reply

I think it should john stewart, not just because thats who they used in the justice league cartoon, but because the new frontier movie was focused on hal so much, it’d be nice to see something different.
    It’ll probably end up being hal though, which I’m totally okay with

8. Blackest Knight
    February 9, 2009 at 7:56 pm — Reply

It better goddamn be HAL JORDAN…If its anyone else I will simply barf, die, rollover in my grave, resurrect and then fucking die again!!!

NO JOHN STEWART
    NO KYLE RAINER
    NOBODY BUT HAL JORDAN!!!

…the rest can and SHOULD be supporting characters!!!

9. tha red lantern
    February 20, 2009 at 1:00 pm — Reply

hey you know that hal jordan is very orignial green lantern to learn more powerful than john, guy and kyle… becuz he is never giving up on his corps team so i want to see hal jordan in the beinning to end… and who will take hal’s place and you dont know who will be????

10. Lanternfan
    February 20, 2009 at 7:13 pm — Reply

Ok Dr. Bolty this is to answer jon stewarts origin

Hal Jordan finished his cross-country, social crusading road trip with Green Arrow, Hal decided to settle down and marry Carol Ferris. So, he had to pick someone to carry on in his stead. So, he passed his ring on to John Stewart, a young, African-American architect from Chicago who liked to question authority. Hal would later come back. There have been other humans to wield the ring as well.

One was Guy Gardner, a loud-mouthed, hot-headed, egotistical rogue. Another came after a story in which Coast City was destroyed and Hal went mad with grief and became a villian called Parallax. He pretty much tore through and destroyed the Corps and most of the Guardians. The last GL ring went to a young commercial artist by the name of Kyle Rayner.

Basically with John Stewart being a gl he came around when the african americans were complaining about there not being enough black superheroes in todays day and age and there was basically hardly any romodels for the younger kids of this era.

I personally didnt like john stewart and i hated guy gardner if kyle rayner was appointed the green lantern in the animated film then there would be tons of backstory missing including the beginning of sinestro corps.

They would have to make hal jordan because we all know that sinestro was a gl himself and new comers simply to lazy to read the lore of the green lantern.

Hal Jordan is the better lantern to make a movie with and it could always lead up to the others as hal could pass the torch to john stewart if they keep the story right because john stewart is wearing hal jordans power ring.

11. kong9316
    March 2, 2009 at 8:57 am — Reply

They already announced it will be Hal Jordan. They guy from Law and Order SVU will do the voice.

12. DC FAN
    April 20, 2009 at 7:01 am — Reply

Nobody but Hal Jordan. Star Sapphire would be cool also

13. John Stewart
    June 4, 2010 at 1:35 pm — Reply

I grew up w/ Hal Jordan as Green Lantern. When John Stewart came along, I was excited because 1) he was black, and I’m black, and 2) he had MY name! I would love to see the movie version w/ Stewart. Would give me a great ego boost! :)