DC Comics has announced that the seventh and final issue of Final Crisis will include an additional seven pages, without increasing the cost to its customers.

In this issue, the saga concludes with an apocalyptic battle for the soul of humanity that must be seen to be believed! Can the heroes of 52 Earths save the multiverse? And is the only way to save the multiverse to change it forever?

The 48-page issue is still scheduled to arrive on January 28, 2009, for $3.99.

via DC Comics

Read Hexed For Free

Star Wars: Clone Wars Sneak Peek: The Gungan General

1. Brother129
    January 7, 2009 at 10:24 am — Reply

I hope they are seven pages of explanation of what the hell I’ve been reading….

2. Ok
    January 7, 2009 at 10:44 am — Reply

I’m ok with the nature of Morrison’s writing, but I just don’t find this series to be Earth shattering. It’s definitely no “Crisis”. Smarter than Secret Invasion, but seems about as important, as in, not very. And I’m seeing nothing to do with the Multiverse at all really. JSA and LOSH have been doing way more multiverse stuff than in FC. Color me unimpressed. I did like RIP though….

3. January 7, 2009 at 10:58 am — Reply

@Brother129: I was about to say the same thing. Unfortunately, I doubt it’ll make any more sense with the seven extra pages than it would’ve without them.

4. Albert
    January 7, 2009 at 11:14 am — Reply

5. Salieri
    January 7, 2009 at 11:22 am — Reply

I’m hoping for a dozen ultra-multiversal splash-page dooms, Morrison & Mahnke style. ALSO: Mahnke’s Frankenstein, back again! YIPEEE!

6. Zig
    January 7, 2009 at 3:03 pm — Reply

Im completely lost lost lost on Final crisis. It seems like a bunch of shit. I don’t want to disrespect someones art or career but its a complete mess. Mister Miracle getting shot in issue #3 and then reappearing in #4 is retarded as hell. He does that there is nothing epic about that. I could go on and on but honestly in all sincerety it seems as if something got lost in the first few pages of of book 1 and never got back on track. Instead of pushing back the deadline push it up to get this mess over with……

7. January 7, 2009 at 6:53 pm — Reply

The book could be free and I’d still pass.

8. Ed
    January 8, 2009 at 8:38 am — Reply

Will the extra pages be Batman dying or not dying?

9. January 8, 2009 at 6:24 pm — Reply

“Will the extra pages be Batman dying or not dying?”

You won’t be sure. It will need a two part follow up to explain it…

10. Tim Johnson
    January 28, 2009 at 3:56 pm — Reply

This from a 52 yr old former fan totally disgusted with the Marvel and DC product today.
    Yet I follow the industry with perhaps morbid curiosity or some deluded dream something remotely resembling the SA will return.
    Question at hand. Batman’s corpse in costume. If the costume survived, what was it made of?
    And if its made of something that strong, why didnt it protect him better?

11. January 28, 2009 at 11:23 pm — Reply

I think I’m off big event crossovers for a while, post FC.