01picon.jpg

This week, on the Major Spoilers Podcast, we’re talking all about the Legion of Super-Heroes with two special guests.  It makes sense then, that the Major Spoilers Poll of the Week feature something to do with the founding members.  Who’s your favorite and why?

Favorite Legion of Super-Heroes Founder

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Mystique and Me

Review: The Umbrella Academy: Dallas #2

1. hermit
    December 30, 2008 at 1:29 pm — Reply

a girl, a hot girl, come on, the choice is obvious

2. Lifeisaglitch
    December 30, 2008 at 1:34 pm — Reply

I always liked the idea of legion but its to camp for me. So imma gonna go with the hot girl as well.

3. cleome45
    December 30, 2008 at 2:45 pm — Reply

Marvel’s girls were (yawn) hot then, too. Big deal. The cool thing was that SG actually didn’t get treated like (cribbed from Dave Cockrum, out of context) “somebody who was just there to be looked at and rescued.”

Oh, and I love her super-short hair on the “three worlds” cover. Makes her look like Alan Moore’s [strike]Marvel[/strike]Mircaclewoman.

4. Dr. Bolty
    December 30, 2008 at 3:02 pm — Reply

Cosmic Boy for me. It’s a little bit of bias from being introduced to the Legion through the Waid & Kitson reboot, in which Waid seemed to envision Cos as the Legion’s equivalent of Captain America. He had the presence of a legend even if he didn’t have the most panel time.

Saturn Girl rarely seems to have much depth aside from the recent cheating scene in Shooter’s new run…I just can’t get into her at all.

Lightning Lad is hard to quantify. He’s the most varied across continuities, and no particular version has really clicked with me.

5. Jeff C
    December 30, 2008 at 3:51 pm — Reply

Had to go with Lightning Lad. He’s always been the coolest guy in the bunch.

6. December 30, 2008 at 4:13 pm — Reply

Saturn Girl has been my hero since I was a kid and discovered Legionnaires #1 in a discount bin, with her reaching out to the girl who wanted to escape the gang and knowing exactly how to approach the situation. She was smart, driven, but not unfeeling like many “strong woman” characters that have come out since. Shooter’s run on the Threeboot has severely done her a disservice. To this day, my parents live in mortal fear that I’ll name my first daughter “Imra”.

Cosmic Boy is a close second for being the classic leader figure, though.

7. Esther
    December 30, 2008 at 5:33 pm — Reply

I have a sweet spot for Lightning Lad because the cartoon version is cute. He felt really deeply about his friends and what he was doing. I find the scene in episode two of season one where he attacks Timberwolf insanely cute and funny because he was so focused on Saturn Girl possibly being in danger that he automatically assumes that it was Timberwolf’s fault she got hurt when it was really his.

8. December 30, 2008 at 6:32 pm — Reply

<whisper) pollllllllllllllllll….

9. Luis Dantas
    December 30, 2008 at 6:32 pm — Reply

Saturn Girl. She’s simply a better developed, more interesting character.