Invincible #60 Crossover Cover

What the...? Thor+Transformer=... ... ... Awesome?

1. Rodrigo
    December 15, 2008 at 2:11 pm — Reply

looks good

2. December 15, 2008 at 2:16 pm — Reply

Let’s just hope that Will.i.am doesn’t stink up the joint too bad. Honestly, is there a rapper in every other movie nowadays, or what?

Trailer looks awesome though.

3. Maximus Rift
    December 15, 2008 at 2:57 pm — Reply

Is this a prequel or a reboot? Cause a friend told me that it was a reboot and they were doing not only one of Magneto but of the other X-men too.

4. Adam
    December 15, 2008 at 3:41 pm — Reply

That was totally wicked!

5. Cory
    December 15, 2008 at 3:41 pm — Reply

CMonocle: Exactly. This “fashion” of adding rappers who are capable of ONLY playing themselves has got to stop. Terminator 4 has exactly the same problem. These rappers AREN’T Actors. Would people be OK with Jack Black being added to Terminator or the Wolverine movie? – OF COURSE NOT because the tone he would set would clash with the rest of the movie. The same applies to these rappers.

Did anyone else catch what appears to Emma Frost in the trailer? Is Emma Frost a character in the movie?

6. December 15, 2008 at 3:45 pm — Reply

Rift: This is a prequel movie. Fox is tentative on the Magneto origin story, and are waiting to see how Wolverine goes before starting production. I have not heard anything about additional movies, but if the origins stuff takes off, you can expect it, because that is how H’wood works.

7. Lifeisaglitch
    December 15, 2008 at 4:18 pm — Reply

@Cory

Yes she is.

8. Lifeisaglitch
    December 15, 2008 at 4:19 pm — Reply

Also yays Deadpool!

9. Brother129
    December 15, 2008 at 5:31 pm — Reply

Awesome trailer. But Ugh on the anti-rappers sentiment. In any movie, there are potentially bad actors in every cast. Some rappers happen to suck at acting. Some ACTORS happen to suck at acting. Let’s not stereotype. I think most people can agree that Will Smith can act. Mark Wahlberg gave up rapping to act as well. So let’s relax…

10. Brent
    December 15, 2008 at 5:45 pm — Reply

Where was this anti-rapper sentiment when Common was cast as John Stewart GL? I was as outraged for that (though I like Common’s music), as I was about Will.I.Am in Wolverine.

I hate that rappers get these roles for the stated reasons (lack of acting range) PLUS the fact that good minority actors (famous and undiscovered) are overlooked because idiot suits green light stunt casting of rappers for misguided marketing reasons. If they wanna tap into the so-called “urban market” (ugh), just give good minority actors well written roles doing more than standing on the sideline while the great Kimosabe lives out his full fledged, 3 Dimensional life. Make a quality product, and everyone will come. Minorities didn’t shy away from TDK because there was no rapper in the cast. Likewise, Don Cheadle will thrill ALL audiences in Iron Man 2 and 3 if the script allows.

Stunt rapper casting is demeaning.

11. Brent
    December 15, 2008 at 5:53 pm — Reply

Did anyone else catch what looks to be a young Ororo Monroe (Storm)?

12. December 15, 2008 at 7:43 pm — Reply

@Cory

Isn’t that what people said about Will Smith?

But yeah that was a bit of a one in a million chance. Still it shows that not EVERY music star doesn’t deserve an opportunity to prove their acting ability. On the whole though these celebrity spin-offs do kinda rub me the wrong way. It’s like, “I can be a music star, why can’t I be an actor?” If you don’t have any talent in these areas, why bother attempting (especially in a movie of this calibur)?

13. December 15, 2008 at 7:46 pm — Reply

Woo-frakking-hoo!

14. Brother129
    December 15, 2008 at 9:42 pm — Reply

I’m not defending or supporting the casting of Will.i.am in the Wolverine movie. All I’m saying is you give him a chance just like any “unknown” actor in a movie. It’s amazing how people jump to final conclusions before the thing even comes out.

15. December 15, 2008 at 11:45 pm — Reply

@Brent

I totally caught that too. Storm? So Wolverine goes to Africa, just like Ernest?

I don’t know … this peppering of mutants that historically haven’t had much to do with Logan is puzzling me. I’m still a bit hesitant, but it won’t stop me from seeing it in theaters, after all I saw Daredevil on opening night.

16. Maximus Rift
    December 16, 2008 at 6:58 am — Reply

I’m kinda torn. On one hand, I despise Wolverine with a passion. I consider him to be the most overrated, overused character in all of comicdom whose vile spawn keep plaguing our comics to this day. I’m also not fond of the X-Men movies. X1 was okay, but it went downhill from there.

However, the trailer looked like the movie might be fun and this might lead to movies of X-Men that deserve the attention.

17. Maximus Rift
    December 16, 2008 at 8:29 am — Reply

Oh yeah. Whenever I go to the Major Spoilers main page or the article the player automatically begins to play. Very annoying. Does this happen to anyone else?

18. Lifeisaglitch
    December 16, 2008 at 10:30 am — Reply

@Maximus

Yes it does, and then i watch it again….XD im a sucker.

Gotta love the Civilwar, WWI, WWII, Korea(or is it nam?) thing they do in the trailer, wickeeed!

19. Randallw
    December 16, 2008 at 5:18 pm — Reply

They ruined it for ever :)

Wolverine is Canadian and he comes from the 1880s. Why would he be in the US Civil War?

It looks good however, but I rarely have the time to go to cinemas.

20. Drakh
    December 17, 2008 at 6:58 pm — Reply

I’m not sure I like the “new” Sabertooth. The dude in X1 looked so neat in the part!

So that *was* Emma….not sure how I like that bit. We’ll see.

Randal–you got that right: why is a Canuck from 20 years later “in” the US Civil War? Maybe we read it wrong, and it was WWI in France? ….nah.

I just hope it clocks in at over two hours, maybe 2 1/2? Anything less is going to feel *very* rushed, for the scale of the tale being told.

Rapper stunt casting? Maybe, but as long as Rappin’ Bill can act, and make the role his own, I think the movie will do fine, thanks. If he can’t act his way out of a hat….dump the dude.

Storm? Musta missed that. Dunno why she’s in the flick, but then…why’s Emma?

Color me “can’t wait!”