BALTIMORE, MD) â€” (December 9, 2008) â€”Â Talking cars, sci-fi stars, and stalwart super-heroes.Â What do they all have in common?
Why itâ€™s the lineup of Gold comic books for Free Comic Book Day 2009!
The Free Comic Book Day (FCBD) CommitteeÂ is pleased to announce the Gold Sponsors and their comic books for FCBD 2009, which will be held Saturday, May 2, 2009.
Selected by retailers who serve on the FCBD Committee, this yearâ€™s roster of Gold Sponsors and their books includes a comic book for everyoneâ€™s tastes:
- Archie Comics: Archie Presents: The Mighty Archie Art Players
- BOOM! Studios: Disney/Pixarâ€™s Cars
- Bongo Comics: 2009 Free For All
- Dark Horse Comics: Star Wars: Clone Wars
- DC Comics: Blackest Night #0
- IDW Publishing: Transformers Animated/G.I. Joe
- Image Comics: Savage Dragon #148
- Oni Press: Resurrection #0
- Marvel Comics: The Avengers
- Viz Media: Shonen Jump Presents: Ultimo
â€œThis yearâ€™s roster of Gold Comics looks amazing,â€ said FCBD spokesperson, Elissa Lynch. â€œWeâ€™re pleased to showcase the best the comics industry has to offerâ€”and hopeful that this yearâ€™s comics will drive new customers to see whatâ€™s great about comics and their local comic book shop.â€
Gold Sponsor comics include special FCBD editions designed to attract new readers into comic shops with some of the industryâ€™s most widely recognized characters. A complete listing ofÂ FCBD titles, including all Gold and Silver Sponsor comics, can be found in the January issue of Diamond Comic Distributorsâ€™ PREVIEWS catalog, available on December 24.
Additionally, Mad Engine, Quebecor Printing, and Geodis Wilson are also serving as Gold Sponsors of FCBD through their generous support of FCBDâ€™s marketing and promotional efforts.
Look for more FCBD news and updates on the FCBD website, www.freecomicbookday.com.