Empire has the first image of Taylor Kitsch as Gambit in the upcoming Wolverine movie.

Opening May 1st, 2009, the Gavin Hood-directed film stars Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Ryan Reynolds, Will.i.am, Danny Huston, Dominic Monaghan, Daniel Henney and Lynn Collins. Leading up to the events of X-Men, Wolverine tells the story of Wolverine’s epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program.

via Superhero Hype

Archie Creators on the Road Again

BSG: The Final Episodes

1. December 1, 2008 at 9:51 am — Reply

As much as this might be one of my 90s-era guilty pleasures, Gambit is still one of my favourite superheroes and I am thrilled to see him in a movie. I don’t think it will be a very cerebral movie, but it could quite possibly become one of the action blockbusters of 2009.

2. December 1, 2008 at 10:27 am — Reply

Well, this is THE movie for 90’s guilty pleasures. According to the official synopsis, this takes place 17 years before the events of the X-Men trilogy. :)

3. Gaumer
    December 1, 2008 at 2:04 pm — Reply

Gambit is just plain fun

and so will this movie be

4. December 1, 2008 at 2:32 pm — Reply

I don’t know, this movie can go either way for me. It’s been under my radar and I haven’t been following it too much. But if this is taking place 17 years before the X-Trilogy … then what happens if there are Wolverine sequels? Will they blast into the future … or will we be hanging in the 90’s? And if that is so can we see Jubilee in that sweet yellow rain coat?

5. Rodrigo
    December 1, 2008 at 3:49 pm — Reply

as long as they steer clear of Mojoworld I’m good

6. December 1, 2008 at 4:00 pm — Reply

@Rodrigo: Word!
    Mojoworld sucked. I hated it when the X-Men went to space. I always liked them better when they were fighting on Earth.

7. Slappy
    December 1, 2008 at 5:12 pm — Reply

The first Wolverine mini-series should be a movie.. Nuff Said

8. Brother129
    December 1, 2008 at 5:43 pm — Reply

Okay…looks cool…but I can’t get past the purple shirt:)

9. Roy
    December 1, 2008 at 6:26 pm — Reply

See, what they really need to do is make a movie out of that Excalibur/X-Babies Graphic Novel that came out lo those many years ago. THAT would make me shell out the duckets for a night at the cinema. This, probably will not.

10. Frankie
    December 2, 2008 at 12:01 am — Reply

show me some Deadpool! next!!!!! pretty please!

11. December 2, 2008 at 3:05 am — Reply

@Brother129: The shirt rocks. :)
    Gambit’s traditional uniform was purple, too.