MSP#50: It's Just Boobies

This week, we kick off another series of After Show Discussion shows. These are conversations the Major Spoilers Crew has outside of the normal show, and range from sex in comics to our favorite animated features.

In this installment (which just so happens to be our 50th episode), Stephen interviews Matthew about how he deals with minors coming into the store wanting to buy titles that may not be age appropriate.

[podcast]http://media.libsyn.com/media/majorspoilers/majorspoilers_32a.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Podcast Alley

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Music from this episode comes from Ookla the Mok. You can visit them on the web at www.ooklathemok.com and purchase their music at the iTunes Music Store.

A big Thank You goes out to everyone who downloads, subscribes, listens, and supports this show. We really appreciate you taking the time to listen to our ramblings each week. Tell your friends about the podcast, get them to subscribe and, be sure to visit the forums.

Thor at the Bus Stop

Major Spoilers Holiday Gift Guide

1. Lifeisaglitch
    November 24, 2008 at 5:10 pm — Reply

Great show, i agree and i also love the minicast format, hope they last all week.

2. November 24, 2008 at 9:19 pm — Reply

All week long…

3. Albert
    November 24, 2008 at 9:35 pm — Reply

who’s Naratu, Stephen? the only anime close to that I know is Naruto. but thanks for playing!

OZYMANDIAS, NOT OZYDAVIS! ok, I’m good now :P

4. Chase
    November 24, 2008 at 10:21 pm — Reply

Greetings from West Australia. I just started listening to your podcasts and I find them quite enjoyable.

Regarding the exposure of the natural human form (e.g. boobies) in comics and other media – I agree, why is that more of an issue than violence? But, that’s a big discussion subject.

Anyway, thank you for making my days much more entertaining, especially now that we’ve lost our comic store due to the economic crisis monster.

5. November 24, 2008 at 10:33 pm — Reply

Albert: thanks for playing along – I can’t wait until you correct us on our Tom Welling references :P You might want to go way back in the show archives and listen to the origin story behind myself (and others) calling Ozymandias Ossie Davis. I know the correct pronunciation, thank you very much, I just choose not to use it :D

6. November 24, 2008 at 10:34 pm — Reply

Chase: That sucks. Check online as there are many retailers who ship comics for those of us who don’t have a shop nearby. Don’t know about international shipping, but I’m sure you’ll be able to find someone.

7. November 24, 2008 at 10:36 pm — Reply

Lifesaglitch: not all of them are mini. Wednesday’s is a regular 1:30 show, but on a single topic.

8. Albert
    November 24, 2008 at 10:48 pm — Reply

to each his own. its all in the name of fun anyways. luv the major spoilers dictionary and phrases. one of the things…

9. November 24, 2008 at 10:50 pm — Reply

Albert: We haven’t added a new entry into the dictionary in a while, perhaps Ossie Davies deserves an entry. Good suggestion.

10. November 25, 2008 at 11:20 am — Reply

What about the dude who complained that you spoiled too much about a given subject by featuring it at all … ? Didn’t he garner an entry?

11. November 25, 2008 at 11:37 am — Reply

Russell? Yeah, he had an entry, but everyone thought it was rather mean attack, so we removed it. Ossie Davis is a public personality (even in death) so there you go :D

12. November 25, 2008 at 2:48 pm — Reply

I think Russell needs to go back in — if only because, just the other day, I was going to complain of being Russell’d on a title I’d yet to read but couldn’t remember his name (I was thinking Wallace, for some reason).