The First Avengers Lands Scribe

Dustin Nguyen Awesomeness Part 37: The Batcave

1. November 19, 2008 at 12:21 pm — Reply

As someone who could never stomach the Star Trek series and films (too boring), I’m actully looking forward to this movie, based on the trailer. Looks good.

2. K
    November 19, 2008 at 12:54 pm — Reply

I have never been able to jump in on star trek simply because there is too much continuity in it.
    But DAMN fuck continuity i am definitely going to see this

3. Cory
    November 19, 2008 at 1:37 pm — Reply

No, sorry, JJ Abrams is screwing up Star Trek by destroying the planet Vulcan. The way this movie looks it might as well have been directed by Michael Bay of Transformers infamy.

Terminator Salvation looks MUCH BETTER.

4. Roy
    November 19, 2008 at 5:11 pm — Reply

mixed feelings on this one. on the one hand, it looks visually stunning…but so did Waterworld and Battlefield: Earth (in their day). I’m not sure how I feel about Vulcan being destroyed, but at first blush it does seem to scream “desperation”. Why not give Spock a red cape and heat vision, too?

i think my biggest problem is they way they are portraying Kirk – its almost like they brought in Shatner himself and said “write a script that portrays Kirk as the biggest badass in the galaxy, and then multiply it by five”. Really…is the car scene neccessary?

Uhuru is hot, though. Just sayin’.

5. matt
    November 20, 2008 at 1:57 am — Reply

you know it looks much better in the official trailer than the first few that came from the bond movie. That said if this didn’t say star trek I would most like go see it. The Trailer makes it look almost over the top campy this I doubt will be the tone of the film but only time will tell I guess. Here is hoping it isn’t star Trek: Flash Gordon.

6. Rodrigo