With the news that David Tennant will be stepping down as the tenth Doctor in the popular BBC television program, we thought it was time to look back at all the actors who have played the doctor, and let you fight it out on who is the best.

Favorite Doctor

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Ultimatum #1 in Stores this Week

New Star Wars Mighty Muggs

1. hermit
    November 4, 2008 at 2:03 pm — Reply

peter davison. let’s face it, how can you not love a guy with a celery on his vest?

2. Roy
    November 4, 2008 at 5:09 pm — Reply

Baker’s is the face I always associate with the good Doctor when I look back. I remember MPT (that’s “Maryland Public Television”, a Public Broadcasting Station affiliate) running hours and hours of Dr. Who at night, usually all the way through to the early morning on weekends. I had a 13″ black & white television, with rabbit ears no less, and I can clearly remember sitting up late at night as a youngster watching the Baker episodes. Great memories.

3. Roy
    November 4, 2008 at 5:10 pm — Reply

I should clarify – I’m talking about TOM Baker. My bad.

4. Slappy
    November 4, 2008 at 6:49 pm — Reply

Patrick Troughton works for me. I like many of the others, but the clown is a decent template for some of what David Tennant is doing now. He really perfected the technique of talking to to his enemies and confusing them as a stalling tactic while he works out the day saving plan.

5. November 4, 2008 at 7:15 pm — Reply

Another poll where I can’t choose just one but did anyway. I gave my vote to Tom Baker because he’s the doctor I started with, I like Tenant, Pertwee and Thorton also.

6. Carswell
    November 4, 2008 at 7:52 pm — Reply

The 1st will always be the best for me.

7. November 4, 2008 at 8:00 pm — Reply

I’m wondering who would win if you took the current Doctor out of the vote. I understand a love for Tennant but I’m sure some portion of the voting can be attributed to his being the current face of Who…

8. matt
    November 4, 2008 at 9:10 pm — Reply

Personally I have always felt that Colin Baker was much better than the material he worked with and in the end wasn’t really given long enough to really to make the doctor his own in the same way that Sylvester McCoy did or even Peter Davison. That was as a era that the BBC didn’t give any of the actors much of the chance. Otherwise I’m sure all 3 would have stayed on the show longer. But I pick Colin Baker if for no other reason “The Two Doctors” is still my favorite multi-doctor episode.

9. November 5, 2008 at 12:09 am — Reply

I voted for because Dave Tennant is hot and it works as a way of talking my friends into watching Doctor Who with me.
    Me: “C’mon, Doctor Who is on.”
    Friend: “No… it’s just some boring sci-fi.”
    Me: “It’s not boring. It’s funny, well-made, awesome and the main character is smokin’ hot.”
    Friend: “I guess.”

My second vote would have gone to Christopher Eccleston because he was my first Doctor. :-)

10. hermit
    November 5, 2008 at 12:22 am — Reply

i agree that Tennant and Eccleston should be out of the fight, because they are so fresh in our memory.

but i stand by my vote of peter davison. anybody saw the Children in Need special featuring him and Tennant. they meet in the TARDIS and it’s hilarious. it’s a 7 minutes scene, a special they do every year around the time of the annual christmas invasion. search the torrents, i’m sure you’ll find it.

11. matt
    November 5, 2008 at 12:38 am — Reply

I really wish they had done a whole episode with Davison and Tennant is been to long since we have seen a who with more than one version of the doctor in it and Davison has aged very gracefully.

12. Alan
    November 6, 2008 at 5:22 pm — Reply

Well, I’m a weirdo, so I voted for Sylvester McCoy. I always loved the fact that he was so goofy and clownish, but then, when no one was looking, there was the glint of something more, often something unsettling, that was lurking underneath. “The Happiness Patrol” was, overall, a fairly crappy serial, but I will always love it for the scene where SM terrifies an assassin into surrendering by insisting that the assassin shoot him.