Marvel Sneak Peek: Incognito

Marvel Sneak Peek: Amazing Spider-Girl #25

1. September 17, 2008 at 12:48 pm — Reply

I was sitting in a sports bar last night having a burrito when that ad played on ESPN. I peed AND pooped my pants. It took me a second to remind myself that there was NO actual invasion, and that my best friend wasn’t a Skrull in disguise. Which would have sucked since he drove….

2. hermit
    September 17, 2008 at 3:51 pm — Reply

is this the ad steviecool was talking about on the forum?

3. September 17, 2008 at 5:02 pm — Reply

Was the ad REALLY this lame? Maybe they should have hired my 13 year old niece to produce it. Her YouTube videos even put this to shame.

4. Josh P.
    September 17, 2008 at 6:47 pm — Reply

I’m acually surprised there wasn’t any overt advertising for Secret Invasion in the ad. Very “Lost/Dharma.”

5. Brother129
    September 17, 2008 at 8:31 pm — Reply

The real problem is that based on where the series is now, they should have started running this ad six weeks ago. Not sure if it wil tie in the ending or not..

6. September 17, 2008 at 9:30 pm — Reply

Hermit: yes

7. September 18, 2008 at 12:15 pm — Reply

Stephen S arleady verified that this was the ad (me/forums),
    but I would also add (no pun intended there)

1. I think I can do better graphics with Microsoft Paint.

2. Way to put a commercial out there that does nothing for promoting the product.
    Marvel… Comics? Marvel… Entertainment? Marvel… Studios?
    In order to generate interest in a product, 99 times out of a 100 you should say what the product actually is.

3. I think Marvel should have added “Kids… you SHOULD embrace change, because that change in your hand ain’t gonna be enough for this $32 story.”

Great concept, horrible execution.
    Do they have focus groups in Marvel anymore?
    I mean, seriously, people would do it for free. I did, once (for their website).