Archie Comics for December 2008

Minions of Ka Updates Zomibe Genre

1. Marius
    September 15, 2008 at 11:57 am — Reply

I hope so. i think it won’t be too hard for that to work with the right demanding director to push her performance. i just think she has a good look for the role.

2. September 15, 2008 at 12:08 pm — Reply

Gah! Don’t bend those comics! They’re not even boarded or backed yet!!!

3. September 15, 2008 at 12:26 pm — Reply

That would be a solid pick. She never entered my mind as playing the Wasp, but now when I think about it a little bit more I could totally see her in that black spandex onesy.

4. Morpheus11
    September 15, 2008 at 1:25 pm — Reply

I am excited for this movie. I know it is a long ways down the road, but I am excited. Call me pathetic, but I would love for this movie to turn out good and having Eva playing The Wasp is all good in my book.

5. September 15, 2008 at 1:27 pm — Reply

Seems to me that she was probably talking to Marvel Studios about Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man, and the eventual Avengers movie that it would lead into.

6. Lifeisaglitch
    September 15, 2008 at 1:30 pm — Reply

Im 100% behind Eva doing the Wasp…but to tell ya the truth i never really got the all.
    Fanboys are gonna go nuts though because i have a feeling they are going to change this particular character a bit.

7. Cory
    September 15, 2008 at 1:35 pm — Reply

Charisma Carpenter would be a better Wasp

8. September 15, 2008 at 1:37 pm — Reply

I agree with Cory.

9. September 15, 2008 at 2:31 pm — Reply

Charisma Carpenter FTW! Her Playboy shoot a couple of years back was money.

10. September 15, 2008 at 2:39 pm — Reply

You’re all so sexist. Does a beautiful woman have to be in a movie just to read a comic book?

Maybe she was just early Christmas shopping.
    All girls go shopping, right?

11. Brother129
    September 15, 2008 at 3:32 pm — Reply

Spot on casting if you ask me and if this rumor is to be believed. Charisma Carpenter can’t play everybody you know….

12. Dustin
    September 15, 2008 at 4:36 pm — Reply

I guess I’m alone on this one. I 100% do not want her playing the wasp at all. Every part I’ve ever seen her in comes off as very over the top and very hokey. I’m not expecting an award winning performance, but I don’t want another Halle Berry a la Storm either just because an actress “looks the part”.

13. mosdef
    September 15, 2008 at 4:43 pm — Reply

Brother129 i couldnt agree more, Charisma Carpenter can not play everybody, something about her mouth…i dont know. it just doesnt look right to me.

14. Lifeisaglitch
    September 15, 2008 at 5:21 pm — Reply

I respectfully diasagree…Damn Carpenter would make an awesome Wonderwoman.

15. Randallw
    September 15, 2008 at 8:27 pm — Reply

I’m not very familiar with her work but I think from the look of it she’d be a good choice. That photo in particular sells it. The way she’s walking and the scarf does make her look like a socialite or fashion designer.

As for Wonder Woman, I have no one in mind but I think anyone would be better then the last person I heard was going to be WW. I don’t waste brain cells remembering her name exactly, Megan Gale isn’t it? Anyway one look at her and I went “No, no, no, no ,no” Despite being Australian I see the collapse of the George Miller JL film as a lucky escape. It wasn’t until then that I understand why fanboys protest casting decisions.

16. leroygrey
    September 15, 2008 at 10:19 pm — Reply

okay, here’s a challenge: name the 3 comic books Eva’s carrying! That can point to what kind of ‘reference material’ she’s received…

17. Rodrigo
    September 16, 2008 at 1:59 am — Reply

Casting Eva Longoria as the Wasp would not be the greatest decision in my book, with the precedent of The Ultimates this is a great opportunity to cast an Asian person in the role, something that could be a breath of fresh air in a team where the only person of color is green.

18. September 16, 2008 at 9:05 am — Reply

I see a Marvel Adventures: Avengers, a New or Mighty Avengers (I think where the team was taken over by Venom Symbiotes), something else that I can’t see enough of to guess, and … a business card

19. September 16, 2008 at 9:58 am — Reply

Don’t forget black Nick Fury, Rodrigo!

(Also, she is Mexican-American.)

20. Frankie
    September 16, 2008 at 10:21 am — Reply

Dont get me wrong she is beautiful but, In the end I see her as demanding to much money or for her to have a bigger part in the movie….bleh

21. Amy
    July 28, 2010 at 3:12 pm — Reply

She is wrong for the part. I agree with Dustin – she is a terrible actress. Big mistake.