ghostbusters.jpg

According to a news report in Variety, Columbia Pictures has tapped Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky to write a script to re-unite the original cast (and possibly a new group of ghost busters) in an all new theatrical release.

The scribes just wrote “Year One,” a comedy that was directed by Ramis. Ramis with Aykroyd wrote the first two installments of the films. Ivan Reitman directed both the 1984 original and the sequel that was released in 1989. The close proximity between the writers and original Ghostbuster Ramis is evidence that the ghost chasers have sparked to the idea of returning.

Certainly egoes, money, and who gets what of the gross will hold the movie back, and who knows if everyone on the cast is even interested in joining the team.

via Variety

Oh, and ladies, if you are looking for a costume for this Halloween…

ghostgirl.jpg

Archie Comics Sneak Peek of the Week

New Comic Trailer Website Launched

1. September 5, 2008 at 9:43 am — Reply

I’m in.

(To see the movie, I mean.)

2. DrStrangeCubicle
    September 5, 2008 at 10:23 am — Reply

I’d probably go see it too, but I can’t imagine this ending well.

3. September 5, 2008 at 3:21 pm — Reply

I do have questions about that costume …

1) Why does it look nothing like the costumes the guys wore in the movie? (Not that I’m complaining, necessarily …)

2) What’s up with the under-boob grab-straps?

4. September 5, 2008 at 5:07 pm — Reply

Jacin – Why question the function of the straps? Perhaps they’re there for the way she’s modelling it, to pull her top down farther? It doesn’t bother me at all.

As for the 3rd movie. It’s been talked about for a while… being done in CG animation even. I think they should even get Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright to join in. They’ve done pretty good combining the comedy and action for a movie pretty good.

5. September 6, 2008 at 4:26 am — Reply

i heard steve carrell and seth rogen were mentioned as new castmates, but that was about a month ago. when i heard the news of a new movie in the works, i just thought they were referring to the new game and got the info messed up.

6. mosdef
    September 7, 2008 at 6:10 pm — Reply

i vaguely remember another ghost buster besides those three in the pic above, a black one his name was Ray, but no one ever seems to remember him….hmmm wonder why?

7. September 7, 2008 at 9:33 pm — Reply

I b’lieve his name was actually Winston… Winston Zeddemore.

Played by Ernie Hudson in the movie, his voice in the carton was provided for a while by Arsenio Hall, should memory serve.

8. mosdef
    September 7, 2008 at 11:10 pm — Reply

correction, his name was Winston, but nobody ever remembers him

9. justin
    September 8, 2008 at 7:55 am — Reply

I remember Ernie Hudson. He is playing Master Roshi’s teacher in the Dragonball Movie. He invents the evil containment wave and traps Evil Piccolo in a jar and that is what a Ghostbuster would do. I assume that is why he has that role.
    I would like to see a Ghostbusters- Men in Black crossover, where the Ghostbusters accidentally kill a bunch of aliens then get arrested by Will Smith and so on until they are forced to team up and live happily ever after.

10. justin
    September 8, 2008 at 8:08 am — Reply

I’m also really desperate to see Will Smith in a film where the title is part of a song. I think I’m going to make a fan-fic for “Getting’ Jiggy wit it”.

11. Steven
    September 11, 2008 at 12:57 am — Reply

Doesn’t the new game stand in a 3rd movie?