Time to take this fight off-world and pit two very different space odysseys against each other.  So what will it be ladies and gentlemen; the young and dashing James T. Kirk of Earth, or that roguish fellow from a galaxy far far away, Han Solo?

Kirk or Solo?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Meet the New Lara Croft

Review: Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane #1

1. ykw
    August 12, 2008 at 2:35 pm — Reply

Solo up early in the poll. Ridiculous.

Oh, and….

2. James
    August 12, 2008 at 2:41 pm — Reply

Solo! SOLO!

Han is NOT giving Kirk the time to “Mcgyver” a bazooka

3. DrStrangeCubicle
    August 12, 2008 at 3:06 pm — Reply

Han would shoot Kirk first, too.

4. hermit
    August 12, 2008 at 4:22 pm — Reply

solo, because i hate star trek. and because kirk is just good to screw alien babes.

5. mosdef
    August 12, 2008 at 4:54 pm — Reply

han solo hands down. he would so kick the shats ass and then shoot him, and then screw some alien babes….not in that order

6. Mark I.
    August 12, 2008 at 5:20 pm — Reply

I think Chewbacca vs. Spock would be more interesting. Could the Vulcan apply a nerve pinch before the Wookiee rips his arms off?

7. Roy
    August 12, 2008 at 5:30 pm — Reply

Han Solo = 8 different kinds of bad assness. He’s like Jack Bauer, Jack Ryan and Jack Daniels all rolled into one. And yes, Han would shoot first……and his blaster wouldn’t be set to stun, either.

8. JMF
    August 12, 2008 at 5:38 pm — Reply

Solo FTW! Easiest poll ever. Kirk would probably be too busy trying to do leia and solo would come up and shoot him in the back!

9. mattcable
    August 12, 2008 at 6:30 pm — Reply

Solo. Better hair. Better threads. Better wings. Better homies. Better babes. Better badass.

10. August 12, 2008 at 7:28 pm — Reply

Solo by 12 parsecs.

11. August 12, 2008 at 7:59 pm — Reply

my website name speaks for me when i say … double dumbass on you to anyone who would vote against the greatest starship captain in all known quadrants. kirk nailed every hot alien chick who came his way … especially orion slave girls …

… the comment comes to youcourtesy of riviera maya where i’m currently honeymooning …

… and i’m out.

12. Mark I.
    August 12, 2008 at 8:11 pm — Reply

That’s a dedicated blogger.

13. unbottledup
    August 12, 2008 at 8:20 pm — Reply

I voted for Kirk, but I understand the cool of Solo. I wouldn’t get into a fight about it like Free Enterprise, but I do groan at the comparison of the two. Solo vs. Kirk is a mismatch…..what is it with slave girls……didn’t even pilot the ship…..Wookie vs. Spock……spice run, what the fuck is this Dune….Mudd vs. Lando…..rrrrrragh! Maybe I do want to fight? Kirk all the way.

14. August 12, 2008 at 10:38 pm — Reply

It’s like asking whether Jack Sparrow could defeat Horatio Hornblower. C’mahn, people, have some priorities. :)

15. DrStrangeCubicle
    August 12, 2008 at 10:51 pm — Reply

Solo also helped lead the Ewoks to glorious victory at Endor!

Even better, in one of the novels he told an Imperial Grand Admiral to “Kiss my Wookie”

16. Carl
    August 13, 2008 at 8:08 am — Reply

It’s a tough call, but I have to go with Kirk here. Han is more likely to exercise the better part of valor, while Kirk tends to pick fights.

17. Scott
    August 13, 2008 at 9:48 am — Reply

I think this comes down to what sort of fight it would be. Solo has proven his ability to evade long range assaults. He can be running from hundreds of storm troopers who are all firing on him and they’ll all miss. Pilot the Millenium Falcon through an asteroid belt and not crash. He seems to have some sort of probability distortion field. If Kirk fired a phaser at him at point blank range, it stands to reason that he’d miss due to the pd field. Hand to hand, though, I think Kirk has the edge. He does those flying drop kicks. But then again, a flying drop kick is a long range attack. If nothing else, Kirk could seduce Solo. After all, Solo is alive and moving. That, I believe, passes the Kirk litmus for seduction worthiness.

18. MarkCalifornia
    August 13, 2008 at 11:16 am — Reply

Kirk alone for the quality and quantity of chics he pulls. He’s been in more fights. His ship doesn’t break down every five minutes and his best friend isn’t a walking carpet. Also I’m a fan of Star Wars and not a Trekkie and the result seems obvious to me.