Maximum_Ride_Series.jpgVariety has reported that Avi and Ari Arad are set to produce the young adult novel series Maximum Ride for Columbia Pictures.

The protags are six children who have been genetically altered to be 98% human and 2% bird. The kids, who are bred to fly, escape a lab-rat existence and are then pursued by their scientist creators, who send a pack of part-human part-wolves called Erasers to hunt them down.

If this series seems new to you, then you are behind the times, my dear Harry Potter fan, Maximum Ride has four books under its belt, with the fifth installment hitting book stores next year.

Don Payne (Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, and My Super Ex-Girlfriend) will be adapting the James Patterson novels for the screen.

via Variety

A Big Thanks

Archie Comics Sneak Peek of the Week

1. Rebecca Gibney
    August 16, 2008 at 2:47 pm — Reply

To Avi Arad
    It’s so cool you’re making a film of Maximum Ride. I love the books and have been waiting ages for the film to come out. Have the cast already been chosen? If not could you email me when and where the auditions are taking place? I would love to be Max. I think I look exactly like her and I’m the right age. I know practically all the books off by heart and have been driving my family mad talking about Maximum Ride the movie.
    From Rebecca Gibney

2. August 30, 2008 at 10:59 am — Reply

Hi I totallly agree with Rebecca. I have been researching and heard that the cast has not been chosen. I would love to audition. I would love to audition. I could write it a hundred times. I am really good ay memorizing and have an attitude very similar to Max. I also look quite a bit like her (except for the wings.) If you could please contact me. Much luck!!!!
    Gillian Ashcraft

3. August 30, 2008 at 3:35 pm — Reply

Matthew here…

We at Major Spoilers have no connections to Avi Arad or anyone who might be casting the films, we just reports the news. But good luck in your artistic endeavors!

4. Samantha
    September 6, 2008 at 12:23 pm — Reply

I agree with the above!
    except I have found it harder to act a similar part to yourself. So maybe being like max isnt such a good thing.

5. Gemma
    December 22, 2008 at 8:02 pm — Reply

in the 4th book does fang and max admit that there in love with eachother? :/ I hope so im getting sick of all the girls that go after him :/ im seriously getting really tired of it

6. Polly
    February 3, 2009 at 5:47 am — Reply

I totally love that the maximum ride books are going to be made into a film!! If anyone has any info about auditions or casting info please post!!

7. Gemma
    February 6, 2009 at 10:57 pm — Reply

if you get ANY iformation about auditioning PLEASE tell me!!!!

8. Claire
    February 19, 2009 at 8:20 pm — Reply

umm the movie is coming out in 2010. the producer is the only person for sure working on the movie. the producer is the guy who produced the spiderman movies. i cant find out when casting calls will be. but just try researching on google or something. oh yea.. i am like freakin a huge maximum ride fan. :]

9. Elly
    April 27, 2009 at 7:11 am — Reply

I’ve been hearing about this a lot now (since well, it’s been a little less than a year since this was posted) and I’m SOOO excited. Especially since we’ve got Avi Arad to produce it. That enough says it’s going to be great! And I really hope it WILL be great. It’d be so disappointing if it wasn’t.

10. Lilith
    October 22, 2010 at 5:31 pm — Reply

I think Avi should hace these actors to play in Maximum Ride: Callan McAuliffe as Iggy,Madison Pettis as Nudge, Harley Graham as Angel, Dianna Agron as Max and Kristopher Turner as Fang. I know the last 2 are old,but it might work. Someone of HIGH importance in Hollywood better read this.