I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who has placed a donation in the Major Spoilers Tip Jar.  As much as everyone at Major Spoilers loves sharing our knowledge and joy of comics and pop culture with like minded folk around the world, it doesn’t come without expenses (quite a large number of expenses).

While Luthor Dollars are great (see the Major Spoilers Dictionary), having real money to put to our growing expenses is nice.

I don’t want this post to come off as a “we’re bums and we’re begging for donations” entry, as tips are always appreciated, but never required, but I did want to take a moment and say thank you to everyone who dropped off a donation in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks Guys and Gals! YOU ROCK!

Above the Line Crew Shaping Up for Flash Gordon

Avi Arad to Produce Maximum Ride

1. hermit
    May 12, 2008 at 8:48 pm — Reply

you now what, i never saw the tip jar. i never look on that side of the page, always straight to the news.

anyway, spend it wisely

2. David
    May 15, 2008 at 7:37 pm — Reply

Wow. I just saw this. Thank YOU. And you’re welcome. I’m just really glad to have your site back online.

Just don’t go again – pretty please!

3. DrStrangeCubicle
    August 8, 2008 at 1:46 pm — Reply

Can I donate in pennies?

4. August 8, 2008 at 10:34 pm — Reply

Actually, I *am* a bum… But I’m a subtle kind of bum, the kind who borrows your stuff and then you forget where it is.

But either way, let me echo Stephen’s thoughts, and make it clear what makes this site different: the audience. Thank YOU, faithful Spoilerites, for allowing us to take our obsessions worldwide, and for being cheaper than therapy. :)

5. August 9, 2008 at 9:18 am — Reply

Can I donate in pennies?

Theoretically, since this is all imaginary funds anyway, you can pretend you’re donating in Galactic Pu’s. Of course, while the exchange rate of 8 ningys to one pu is simple enough, since a ningy is a triangular rubber-coin measuring 6800 miles along each side, no one has ever collected enough to own one pu. Besides which, if you did ever own enough, you’d probably a great deal of trouble exchanging them, as most banks refuse to deal in small change.

6. DrStrangeCubicle
    August 9, 2008 at 11:49 am — Reply

That’s good to hear. I’ve sent off my donation (in pennies) via carrier pigeon.