TURNER_mike1.jpg

From Vince Hernandez over at Aspen Comics:

Hello all,

Unfortunately it’s with great sadness that I must inform everyone that Michael Turner tragically passed away last night, June 27th at approximately 10:42 pm in Santa Monica, Ca. Turner had been dealing with recent health complications arisen in the past few weeks. More details concerning Turner’s passing, and services, will be given shortly.

Anyone wishing to send their condolences to Michael Turner’s family is encouraged to send to:

Aspen MLT, Inc.
C/O Michael Turner
5855 Green Valley Circle, Suite 111
Culver City, CA, 90230

Aspen also encourages anyone wishing to make a charitable donation to please send to Michael Turner’s requested charities:

The American Cancer Society

Or

The Make-A-Wish Foundation

via Aspen Comics

Hulk Smash Watcher - AGAIN!

MSP#21: Crisis on Infinite Podcasts Part 1

1. Brother129
    June 28, 2008 at 11:51 am — Reply

Rest in peace. Wow…is it just me, or have we been hearing about way too many comic-related deaths over the past couple of years.

2. DrStrangeCubicle
    June 28, 2008 at 12:20 pm — Reply

Wow, I knew he was having health problems but I thought it was more of the “too sick to work” variety, and not this bad. My condolences to his friends and family

3. Brandon
    June 28, 2008 at 1:37 pm — Reply

Michael TURNER was a great artist, and a heroic figure. My mother just recently passed away from cancer, and I know he had been dealing with it, even in his fiction he wrote about the experimental Coral bone treatments that some may some day help. He will be missed.

4. TJ
    June 29, 2008 at 7:19 pm — Reply

Yet another example of how terrible and indiscriminating cancer is.
    Ive always been a big big fan of his work…

this is sad news.
    rest in peace Mike, you’ll be missed.

5. hermit
    June 30, 2008 at 1:17 am — Reply

i’ve never been a fan of his work, but i can’t deny the fact that he was an important person in the world of comic.

R.I.P.

6. June 30, 2008 at 1:46 pm — Reply

I had a chance to talk to him at WWP’07 and he was just such a humble and appreciative guy. He had an understated cool about him, and this was just when we was in remission. A terribly cool guy, and a significant loss within the industry.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Turner Family.

7. Leah
    February 9, 2012 at 9:47 am — Reply

I have only just got into Fathom and Soulfire. Its now 2012 but I really wanted to personally thank Michael for his creative fantasy worlds and characters! His artwork is something else! I have downloaded the Fathom series on my iPad and I find myself staring at his wonderful world of myth and mystery! I hope his legend will live on with Aspen Comics and may he be out there in the realms of his own universal mystery knowing he made such an impact on so many peoples lifes, giving them a release from their daily grind of life!
    Thank You Michael!