2008 Harvey Award Nominees Announced

Another Oni Press Movie in the Works

1. June 19, 2008 at 2:31 pm — Reply

I like his li’l Man-Thing.

Er, uh, that may sound a little dirtier than I’d intended.

2. Josh R.
    June 19, 2008 at 2:36 pm — Reply

awesome! although i think it would have been just epic if ghostrider’s bike had been a tricycle instead…

3. Lifeisaglitch
    June 19, 2008 at 2:40 pm — Reply

Awesome, gotta love tiny Franklin (Er, uh, that may sound a little dirtier than I’d intended.)
    Where are the ladies at anyway?

4. Lifeisaglitch
    June 19, 2008 at 2:42 pm — Reply

@Josh

They are mini(dare i say chibi) not children…:D awesome idea with the tricycle anyway!

5. Josh P.
    June 19, 2008 at 2:44 pm — Reply

Lots of fun!

6. Baal
    June 19, 2008 at 10:24 pm — Reply

This is a radical departure style-wise for Nguyen, right? His usual stuff is very dramatic but I can’t think of one iconic piece he’d done that stuck with me like I can with Nic Klein or Simone Bianchi. This piece I will never forget and would like to see more by him in this style. I’d even buy a book written by that new Checkmate writer that shoehorns horror stories everywhere to see this art!

7. June 20, 2008 at 8:48 am — Reply

It’s not a radical departure so much as an ‘experiment’ in a different style. It’s still got a lot of very Nguyen-esque elements.

You ought to check out his work in Detective with Dini. It’s been one of the best runs on any Bat-title in a long while (at least, in my opinion).

8. Baal
    June 20, 2008 at 10:20 pm — Reply

I would except for the words ‘Batman’ and ‘Dini’. Not too fond of either.

9. Gracie
    November 28, 2008 at 8:11 pm — Reply

I fell in love the first time i saw this, i bought a print and also a Batman. This guy is really talented! I have seen Poison Ivy and Harley and he is just AMAZING