“There’s no better way to celebrate our Terrible Twos than with a big release like this,” said Jim Dougan, an original ChemSetter approached by Desperado publisher Joe Pruett to edit the anthology. “The only problem was choosing from among the literally hundreds of pages of great comics we’ve got on the site. Joe wanted only self-contained stories, though, so while that unfortunately left out a lot of great stuff, it helped me narrow it down. Are these the best 120 pages of comics ever to appear at the ChemSet? No. Are they the 120 pages that fit together best as a book? I think so.”
The anthology will contain 12 stories from the two-year history of the website and will feature both black and white and color tales.
- “The System” by Tony Goins and Tom Williams
- “Night’s Plutonian Shore” by Neil Kleid and jamesmith3
- “Rest Stop” by Jim Dougan, Dean Haspiel and Michel Fiffe
- “Red” by Elizabeth Genco and Kevin Colden
- “Snowblind” by Chris Arrant and Jessica Hickman
- “The Legend of Caraboy” by Andrew Drilon
- “Yes, Mother” by Elizabeth Genco and Sami Makkonen
- “I’m Madly in Love” by Vito Delsante and Michel Fiffe
- “Grinwit” by Andrew Drilon
- “Dinner Date #9” by Steven Goldman and Rami Efal
- “Come the Dawn” by Jim Dougan and Hyeondo Park
- “Rosa” by Steven Goldman and Rami Efal
NO FORMULA: STORIES FROM THE CHEMISTRY SET, VOL.1
Color / B&W, 120 pp. 6in x. 9in.
Diamond Order Code: JUN083849
Haunting. Humorous. Harrowing. Those are just some of the words to describe the short stories compiled in this inaugural collection from the international comics collective the Chemistry Set. Founded in 2006, the Chemistry Set has served as the breeding ground for tomorrow’s comic all-stars and includes three Xeric Award winners. Combining talents from America, Australia, Europe and Asia, their chemistry together is seen in stories that range from the heartfelt to the horrifying, from the mythological to the macabre.