Are you ready for another weekly series?

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Ft4MlEduJQ[/youtube]

DC’s new weekly series TRINITY explodes in an extra-sized debut issue featuring art by fan-favorite Mark Bagley (Ultimate Spider-Man) and Art Thibert with lead stories and dialogue by Kurt Busiek (SUPERMAN, ASTRO CITY)!

The lead feature explores the unusual bond — and importance — of DC’s top three characters, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, as a mysterious dream links them together and may prophesy important changes in their trinity!

I’m hoping Trinity is a much different weekly than either Countdown or 52. 52 was great as it was a self contained story, but the “back bone of the DC Universe” that was supposed to be Countdown just didn’t work for me.

What are you more interested in; Trinity or Final Crisis with all its tie-ins?

Secret Invasion Reprints on the Way

Archie Comics Sneak Peek of the Week

1. May 14, 2008 at 2:33 pm — Reply

I’m looking forward to Final Crisis more but I’m also afraid of what the story might produce.. or should I say kill off. So Trinity will hopefully be the more light hearted tale I need to off set Final Crisis. If I’m going to invest in a weekly again, it better not turn out like Countdown did.

2. May 14, 2008 at 4:35 pm — Reply

I am a huge DC fan (at least, until they ‘kill’ Batman), but I still can’t see myself buying this book weekly. I simply don’t care that much about Wonder Woman, and if I’m looking for a Superman/Batman story, there’s already a title specifically for that …

3. ~wyntermute~
    May 14, 2008 at 4:43 pm — Reply

I’m hopin that Trinity tells a more 52-ish story… but of the two, I’m looking forward to Final Crisis more. I ultimately fear that whatever story Trin. tells, it’ll just turn out to be — when we look back on it — “just another Supes/Bats/WW story”. Y’know what I mean? Those three have been around SO long, faced SO much, and it’s gotten to the point where I wonder how you give these three something (whether it’s an enemy, a conflict, an alien invasion or just self-doubt) to face off against that makes us all go “WOW!”. With 52, the “lesser-known heroes saving the world” vibe worked, because suddenly Booster Gold, Animal Man, et. al. now had significant moments in the universe’s history…. I’ll quit before i start rambling. :D

4. kwaku
    May 14, 2008 at 7:01 pm — Reply

Both. FC is like the summer blockbuster, Trinity is the TV show.

5. Roy
    May 15, 2008 at 4:55 pm — Reply

I agree with Wyntermute – what could these three possibly face that they either haven’t already before, or can’t handle? I’m sure DC will think of something, but I can’t (which is why I don’t get paid the big bucks).

That being said, I think a title like this will come off better as a weekly than Countdown did, simply becuse it doesn’t have the pressure of being “the backbone of the DCU”. This can be a bit more self-contained, with some spillover into the Trinity’s own titles and JLA.

One last thing – Marvel teasers > DC teasers.

6. eric berry
    May 15, 2008 at 7:22 pm — Reply

Long time DC fan here, and Infinite Crisis got me back in the game of collecting. Now DC wants more money from me for another weekly. I wont spend the money after 52 and Countdown. Both of them were let downs for me. Countdown more so than 52. 52 was just a ploy to get the multiverse back while Countdown was just a long drawn out Darkseid story. I know others will disagree, but I got tired of draging the Question up and down the mountain in 52. I was relieved when they finally let the poor man die. Any way DC burned me twice on weeklies and I wont do it again. More of a reason to wait till the trade paperback comes out and find it online somewhere less expensive. Sorry DC. I love you, but not that much.

7. David
    May 15, 2008 at 7:28 pm — Reply

How many issues is this horseshit supposed to last again?