It went down to the wire, but the supernatural drama Reaper got its renewal notice yesterday during the CBS upfront presentation.

The more I watch this series, the better it becomes, and I will say Reaper is on its way to becoming the male-centric version of Buffy by the time next season is over. Smart dialog, good acting, great special effects, just the right amount of humor, make this my must watch show of the week.

Reaper will return for 13 episodes during the mid-season next year, more than likely appearing on Thursday night opposite Supernatural.

And since I’ve mentioned Reaper in a Major Spoilers article, it’s time for a Missy Peregrym appreciation moment after the jump.

via THR

Movie Rumor Tidbits

The End of the Beginning...

1. Lifeisaglitch
    May 13, 2008 at 10:54 am — Reply

I approve of this post ;)

2. Baal
    May 13, 2008 at 1:13 pm — Reply

Wow. It looks so wrong to see slutty Missy pictures after a year of wholesome girl next door Andy!

3. Ned Tugent
    May 13, 2008 at 1:25 pm — Reply

Holy schniekies!

4. mosdef
    May 13, 2008 at 5:08 pm — Reply

i appreciate this appreciation

5. May 13, 2008 at 5:45 pm — Reply

I’m pleased to hear it. I initially had no intention of watching it, but accidentally stumbled across the first episode.

I liked the first several episodes, and then it fell into a VERY formulaic rut right as the writer’s stike hit, and I figured it was doomed.

The episodes that aired after the strike explored the concept a little more, and broke with the formula of soul, vessel, lose/break vessel, miss date with Andi, capture soul, apologize to Andi, tune in next week. I really enjoyed the Ken Marino/Michael Ian Black pairing as gay demons, as their arc was instrumental in breaking the formula the show had fallen into.

Glad it will be back…

6. Rowan
    May 13, 2008 at 7:32 pm — Reply

I really enjoy this show and am glad it is coming back

7. Brother129
    May 13, 2008 at 9:07 pm — Reply

YES! I also like how they’ve laid the groundwork for future stories…like what happened to Andi’s parents and why the heck did Reaper’s father tear out pages of the contract???

8. Haha
    June 24, 2008 at 11:30 am — Reply

Haha, its pretty obvious why he tear out the pages

9. M.Mihai
    October 2, 2009 at 7:24 pm — Reply

I realy liked the first 2 seasons and looking forword for the 3rd. Ani ideea when is the air date ? 10x

• October 3, 2009 at 2:05 pm — Reply

Hate to ruin your day, but Reaper has been canceled and won’t be returning.