There’s some wild speculation going around that the person under Libra’s hood, isn’t really Libra. It has something to do with this panel:

Did you get the clues? If not, we’ll discuss it on the Major Spoilers Podcast #14: The Wanted Podcast.

For those of you who are in the know, please join in on this week’s poll.

Who is under Libra's Hood?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Spider-Man Goes Dark this Saturday

MSP#14: The Wanted Podcast

1. Peter
    May 13, 2008 at 8:35 pm — Reply

I’ve heard a lot of speculation that it is in fact Barry, but of course noone can no for-sure just yet. That would rule him out of the Legion lightning-rod, though. I’ve also heard some debate as to whether it’s *the* Barry, or some split-off version of Barry (since he does make a reference to being “split through a prism” (or something along those lines (uh-oh, multiple paretheses)) on the pages talking about the multiple lantern corps, and that has apparently happened to him before). Personally, I don’t want DC to wimp out and say right at the end “oh, turns out it was mirror-mirror Barry, don’t worry, the status quo is maintaned”. That being said, I’d also want an engrossing and compelling story as to why Barry would become evil/Libra. …of course, it’s probably all just one big red herring. I’ll end this thesis now.

2. Psycho Pirate
    May 13, 2008 at 8:41 pm — Reply

Norbert Sykes.

3. May 13, 2008 at 10:19 pm — Reply

I don’t read DC at all, and I picked this issue up because everyone on the Interweb said it would be a “great jumping point”. Yeah I got confused … I didn’t even know Barry Allen was dead.

4. Randallw
    May 13, 2008 at 10:51 pm — Reply

Nice trick if it’s the reverse flash. What with him apparently sitting nearby when Libra gets talking. He could be changing back and forth.

change clothes, talk, change, sit, change, talk, change, sit…..

5. Randallw
    May 13, 2008 at 10:57 pm — Reply

Wasn’t aware of Professor Zooms history, or who Cobalt Blue was till I just checked. It could be Zoom and the other one doesn’t even know. Maybe he’s doing a Booster Gold.

6. May 13, 2008 at 11:33 pm — Reply

remember Professor Zoom and Reverse Flash are two different people. The one sitting at the table is the current Professor Zoom, not Eobard Thawne

7. May 13, 2008 at 11:33 pm — Reply

Jon: You are correct, I can’t imagine anyone thinking this is a good jumping on point for DC titles. It is more of a “if you read DC comics 20 years ago, and then stopped, this is a great place to get back on board.”

8. Randallw
    May 14, 2008 at 8:23 am — Reply

oh ok. I’m not really familiar with them. Now I see why you are using his real name, not his code name.

9. May 14, 2008 at 8:48 am — Reply

… what happened to Barry being the Black Racer? And one of the Black Lanterns?

10. May 14, 2008 at 10:15 am — Reply

Wait there are Black Lanterns? I thought they were Green?

11. May 14, 2008 at 10:37 pm — Reply

Nothing happened. Rumors is rumors.

By the way, the Black Racer was New God, I think you mean the Black Flash…

12. May 15, 2008 at 12:50 pm — Reply

You’re right, Matthew (though, technically, they’re all personifications of the same thing).

13. Steven W.
    June 16, 2008 at 2:52 pm — Reply

Because Batman R.I.P. and Final Crisis are going to be intermixed… I believe it is Thomas Wayne under Libras hood.