It’s looking to be a slow day for news and reviews, so I thought I’d take a moment to throw in a few shameless plugs for Major Spoilers.
- Don’t forget, voting is still open for the Major Spoilers Top 10 Trade Paperback list. You’ll have to head over to the Major Spoilers Forum to cast your vote. Only 19 votes? Come on guys, I know there are more of you who want to weigh in on this issue.
- There’s only one more week to go in the Major Spoilers Hero Drive. Subscribe or download the Major Spoilers podcast and for every “subscriber” the show has, Major Spoilers will donate money to the Hero Initiative. We’re up to $250, but would like to donate $250 more.
- Speaking of the podcast, this week we are reviewing Noble Causes: In Sickness and in Health trade paperback. If you would like to share your thoughts on the issue, and possibly have those comments read on the show, make sure you post your comments before noon on Tuesday April 29, 2008.
- We’ve been fortunate to have some great guests on the show, and on the next episode, the Major Spoilers Podcast welcomes Wes Molebash to the show. Wes has a different take on web comics, discusses his experience with Zuda Comics, and shares his views on creator owned work.
- Got an iPod Touch or iPhone? Add the Major Spoilers site to your Home Screen for a special icon that will get you fast access to the site.
- Final item, and a question: I’m thinking of opening up the Major Spoilers Podcast for sponsorships. Thought? We aren’t making any money from the show (or site) right now, and we do have ongoing costs that will need to be addressed in the near future, and I’m throwing around some ideas.
Okay, plug time over – if you are looking for something to do this afternoon, while waiting for the next update, might I suggest throwing some link love to the Hero History: Shrinking Violet entry.
Questions, feedback and suggestions are always welcome.