For the last six months or so, I’ve been reading the collected trades of Hack/Slash – what’s not to like? It has a goth girl in a miniskirt making out with girls, and fighting serial killers with her deformed giant of a friend. With the upswing in horror movies being produced, I was wondering how long it would take Hack/Slash to get bought out; turns out it wasn’t that long.

Writer Justin Marks has been hired to adapt the series into movie form that will be produced by Adrian Askarieh and Daniel Alter. Marks has turned in drafts for other pop culture movies including Voltron: Defender of the Universe, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, and that Green Arrow Supermax movie, which really isn’t a Green Arrow movie.

Who do you want to see play the role? Megan Fox perhaps?

via Variety

News from DC

New Warriors #10

1. Mark I.
    April 9, 2008 at 3:36 pm — Reply

Hack/Slash always struck me as one of the many, many indie titles that are written for the specific purpose of trying to get a movie deal, with the thought that an original movie script based on the concept would be rejected out of hand. “It’s Buffy meets Hannibal with a lesbo-goth twist! Box office, baby!!!”

Not saying Hack/Slash isn’t entertaining, just saying that’s how it came off to me…as if the title was unintentionally ironic.

2. Josh P.
    April 9, 2008 at 5:35 pm — Reply

While that may be true, I think Hack/Slash really is a labor of love from Tim Seeley (creator/writer/artist).

It’s been around for almost six years.

3. mosdef
    April 9, 2008 at 5:58 pm — Reply

it could be meagan fox, but hollywood may try to go for a well known actress to play in a not well so known comic. so they could just dye lindsay lohans hair black and TADA!!!

4. Mark I.
    April 9, 2008 at 9:58 pm — Reply

Well I stand corrected then.

5. Scott C.
    April 10, 2008 at 6:49 am — Reply

Megan Fox seems a good choice but I would also put Eliza Dushku on that list. To me by extension Cassie Hack has been a version of Faith to me . Physically they are similar. They have similar personalities. Tough on the outside but a little girl lost. Eliza Dushku is also pretty good at make the martial arts look good. And oh yeah…….she doesn’t mind kissing girls!!(yes i am 5 yr old)

6. mosdef
    April 10, 2008 at 3:17 pm — Reply

that is some damn good cheesecake up there and megan fox is friggin hot!!

7. vladvolkova
    April 19, 2009 at 5:22 am — Reply

mmm megan fox?…
    i would rather keyra knightley… or milla jovovich
    my favorite would be yulia volkova
    seens she have sort of the same style

8. January 12, 2011 at 9:42 am — Reply

allison scagliotti wants the part bad
    and the creator wants her to get it
    hopefully the studio will listen

• January 12, 2011 at 9:43 am — Reply